'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Hear me out. Was watching the Clemson vs BC game this past weekend and it dawned on me that BC's QB, Phil Jurkovec, is very similar to Sam Horn.

Similar mechanics - throws with a lot of arm and less of core with an over the top release.
Similar build - PJ (6'5 205) and SH (6'4 190)
Similar athleticism - both athletic enough to to escape pocket and buy some time but also athletic enough to get away comfortably from defenders on a scramble

Just thought I'd throw my findings out there. Let me know what you think.

Reactions: ClasslessVol
The more I hear about Simpson’s recruitment the more I think he’s a little biatch.

So far I’ve heard if we would’ve gotten JT Daniels that he wouldn’t come here so we stopped pursuing (no idea if true). And now if we get another QB in his class then he’s not coming here?

If we get Simpson, dude better be an absolute baller.

Should note that I’m sure he’s just doing what’s best for him. But it seems like there are an awful lot of caveats to his recruitment.

He does have a “entitled” my daddies a head football coach face doesn’t he👀😅

I would guess all college staffs have multiple players with 90+ fast balls. Just like 300 lb lineman for football, it’s not uncommon.

91 as a Junior in HS at 6'4 is a very rare occurrence. He projects extremely well to the MLB. Dude could be throwing 95+ as a college Freshman. A lot less people do that than you think.

Some talk of Hunter and Horn wanting to go to the same school. Would be a coup, Hunter is #1 player in Ga and up #5 overall for 2022. Committed to FSU bc he is originally from Florida but that commitment isn’t as strong as it was. FSU had 3 more guys jump ship this past week alone.

So Chaney really doesn’t like Bailey?
I don’t really believe that...just going with the flow of traffic. 😏

I don't believe half the crap I read in here anymore. And if people only really knew how big of a mess our football program was in when Fulmer stepped in and when Pruitt took over they sure wouldn't be screaming "Fahr Coach" so n so".... Future still looks bright n I'm excited!! Don't mean I like where we are but I'm still excited for the future. Just like a house gotta tear it down before ya rebuild it. And in this case didn't take much to tear down but it seems to be taking a while to get all that old cracked foundation outta the ground n gone!!!

I don't believe half the crap I read in here anymore. And if people only really knew how big of a mess our football program was in when Fulmer stepped in and when Pruitt took over they sure wouldn't be screaming "Fahr Coach" so n so".... Future still looks bright n I'm excited!! Don't mean I like where we are but I'm still excited for the future. Just like a house gotta tear it down before ya rebuild it. And in this case didn't take much to tear down but it seems to be taking a while to get all that old cracked foundation outta the ground n gone!!!
Fix me a drink please, thanks!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
This is applicable the last two years, not putting in the young kids in blowout situations like being stupid enough to trot the 1st team against Bama was purely coaching malpractice. There was 1 1/2 quarters of legitimate game reps to be given there and they waited until the last two series. A year 3 coach making year 1 mistakes.

Horn has had a monster season, and his stock is up this fall. He is the No. 131-ranked prospect in the 2022 class and he has the frame, the arm and the smarts coaches covet. Horn can still improve his consistency and reading through his progressions, but he has taken a big step over the last year as a passer. He is a baseball player too, so that is expected to come into play when he makes his decision.

The program that has been recruiting him hardest is Missouri, and Horn has developed a good relationship with Drinkwitz. Michigan and Michigan State have been very involved as well. He grew up a Tennessee fan, his parents went there, he has a brother there now, and the Vols could be a program to watch as well. Louisville recently offered and the Cardinals are now on his radar, too.
Chad Simmons

GET HORN NOW

How legit of a baseball prospect is he? It'd be so Tennessee to get him, lose out on Ty Simpson, and Horn end up going pro in baseball.

VN Store

Back