'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

It’s really early but the kid is a red dead redemption dead eye on slants and intermediate passes which is the majority of throws.

Reactions: BVols20
"What in the Sam Horn is going on in here!?"

tenor.gif

Made a CB pick this afternoon on 2022 QB Sam Horn to Tennessee. I watched him and several players workout this morning. He can spin it and UT offered this afternoon.

Both parents went to UT and a brother. That was a BIG offer for him. He has offers from Alabama, GT and others in baseball, but I think he wants to play football first. I expect his ranking to trend up in my opinion once the evaluation committee digs into him. He is legit, 6-foot-3, 185 pounds this am.

-Rusty Mansell

On Tuesday afternoon, the 2022 Georgia quarterback picked up an offer from his dream school. “It’s a dream come true,” Horn told GoVols247. “We have season tickets there, so we like to go up (to Knoxville) for the football games. So to be able to actually play on the field where you grew up watching games, that would be amazing. “You can’t describe it. It’s really cool.”

Horn is a 6-foot-3, 180-pound prospect at Collins Hill High School in Suwanee, Ga. He’s only in his second season playing quarterback and is a shortstop and pitcher on the baseball team, currently topping out with a 91mph fastball on the mound. Playing both sports at the next level is something he’s currently looking to do, with multiple Division I baseball offers.

On the football field, his recruitment is starting to pickup. Last week he added offers from Kentucky and Missouri, before Tennessee jumped in on Tuesday. Other offers include Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech and West Virginia. So far Georgia Tech is his only dual-sport offer.

“Kentucky was the first SEC (football) offer and that was really cool,” Horn said. “You dream about playing in the SEC and then you get (an offer) and it’s like wow, this could actually happen. Dreams coming to reality. You just have to work even harder now.”

Horn is listed as a dual-threat quarterback, but considers himself more of a pocket passer. Last season he completed 196 of 301 passes for 2,326 yards and 22 touchdowns, against just six interception. His legs are more of a last-second option, with the ability to avoid pressure and escape the pocket and make plays.

“I think one of the best parts of my game is being able to, you know, I might not seem like a runner, but I feel like I’m athletic enough to get away from the rush,” Horn said. "Not run first, but scramble around, look downfield and then kind of make a play after that.

"Instead of sitting in the pocket and maybe getting sacked or something. Or instead of, once you don’t see the first read, you just run.”
Wearing jersey No. 21 at quarterback is less of an ode to Heath Shuler and more of a coincidence and history lesson.

“I’ve always been No. 21,” Horn said. “I’ve never really had a particular reason, except I’ve always worn it since I was a little kid. I don’t see the issue playing high school with it, but then people started mentioning stuff with HeathShuler.

‘My parents mentioned that. I was just like oh, I didn’t know that, that’s pretty cool.” As for what’s in his future, that’s still up in the air. It could be football. It could be baseball. It could be both. “That’s the million dollar question,” Horn said. “I don’t know.”

VN Store

Back