'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I think we probably would be the favorite, we only have one common opponent and we played much better against that team. I just hope the weather is good, especially since the game is on grass.

We played a much tougher skd than Parkview so I think that is going to help. St Josephs is in the PA state title game and Edgewater is in the 7a FL title game.
Awesome, thanks.

Bailey has been on the radar since seventh grade. He’s improved quite a bit over the summer and into the season, but is he that elite leader that can make a team that much better? We’ll see in our last evaluation.

-Mike Farrell

Lmao, now questioning his leadership.
I do believe that Farrell may be @Catbone
Both are...

...and sound a lot alike. 🤔

Is Marietta favored this week in the semis?

Um, he has lead his team to the semifinals in Georgia's highest classification. I would say that's pretty good. Farrell is such a joke.
2 years ago they faced North Gwinnett in the i think quarters. North had Burrell, Newsome ..Nebraska signee and DJ Turner....Michigan signee in the defensive backfield. Norths d line and linebackers lived in Mariettas backfield on pretty much every play. Bailey still threw for over 300yds and 4tds...Talking with a few players from the North team they were in awe how he would pop right up after a big hit and lead the offense down the field. 4 years of watching 7a ball in Gwinnett County .most viewed him as the best QB in Georgia we have seen

2 years ago they faced North Gwinnett in the i think quarters. North had Burrell, Newsome ..Nebraska signee and DJ Turner....Michigan signee in the defensive backfield. Norths d line and linebackers lived in Mariettas backfield on pretty much every play. Bailey still threw for over 300yds and 4tds...Talking with a few players from the North team they were in awe how he would pop right up after a big hit and lead the offense down the field. 4 years of watching 7a ball in Gwinnett County .most viewed him as the best QB in Georgia we have seen
Have you seen Parkview this year? It looks like they were sort of struggling earlier this year, but are rolling now. Their region was terrible this year. I know they beat Colquitt in the 2nd rd, but a Colquitt person told me they turned it over their last 5 possessions in a row.

I hope we play each other next week. Good luck at Lowndes!

I put zero stock in any if the services. It's all just a popularity contest. These analyst are no better than you or I at evaluations. They look at who's recruiting them, who likes them. They see Bailey and see he's committed to a downtrodden TN team and think because he isn't committed to a top 10 team something is wrong. They don't know what's wrong so they go try and find what's wrong. When they can't find an obvious flaw, they start trying to create one. If they are committed to a Clemson, Alabama, OSU, ect.. they quit looking and assume they're a great recruit.

I absolutely have no respect for any recruiting service evaluations and thus have give the recruiting rankings no validity. It used to be decent gauge but with each passing year it's gotten to be pretty worthless.

Bailey has been on the radar since seventh grade. He’s improved quite a bit over the summer and into the season, but is he that elite leader that can make a team that much better? Also, you have to mindful of the fact he committed to the Vols, so we have to question his decision-making at this point. We’ll see in our last evaluation.

-Mike Farrell probably

Bailey has been on the radar since seventh grade. He’s improved quite a bit over the summer and into the season, but is he that elite leader that can make a team that much better? Also, you have to mindful of the fact he committed to the Vols, so we have to question his decision-making at this point. We’ll see in our last evaluation.

-Mike Farrell probably
You are crazier than I thought. He is an elite leader who has led his team down the foel lated in games to score and win Ball games. However, often they are so far ahead, they do not need him to perform those miracles.

I think it was @LA Vol saying Bailey is not a very vocal leader. That's no reason to not get a 5th star though. His play deserves it

Made the who do you fear we may have too low?
I’d have had both wide receiver Gee Scott and quarterback Harrison Bailey in the five-star conversation if it were up to me. The knock on Bailey used to be that he was much better in camps than in actual games, but he posted great numbers and film this season and looks to have erased that narrative.
-Rob Cassidy

Made the who do you fear we may have too low?
-Rob Cassidy
Ha. What games was he watching? He threw for 464 yards in a game his SO year playing the 2nd half with a broken collar bone. If he hadn't been injured twice he would have every GHSA passing record and he did it in the highest classification, in the 2nd toughest region in the state and played nationally ranked top 25 out of state teams. In the games Marietta lost the past few years, he was never the problem. We've had a terrible OL up to this year and a really bad D. OL has been solid this year and the defense has been great and now all of a sudden they think he's been better in games.

Ha. What games was he watching? He threw for 464 yards in a game his SO year playing the 2nd half with a broken collar bone. If he hadn't been injured twice he would have every GHSA passing record and he did it in the highest classification, in the 2nd toughest region in the state and played nationally ranked top 25 out of state teams. In the games Marietta lost the past few years, he was never the problem. We've had a terrible OL up to this year and a really bad D. OL has been solid this year and the defense has been great and now all of a sudden they think he's been better in games.
It's a practical joke at this point. That's exactly why I'm trusting the coaching staff evaluations and not getting hung up on rankings, given by people who have less football knowledge than most on this forum......and that's saying a lot

Would take him. We need the depth and competition. He has experience, is probably better than JG, may allow Bailey to redshirt and back up Maurer.

Career QBRs

Bentley 130.7
JG 128.7

Bentley 146.2
JG 141.0

Bentley 90.8 *UNC game only
JG 149.3

JG would be the 2nd highest returning QBR in the conference. Bentley could have been up there. I do think they could make for a tight race.

But I mostly just question the use of a class spot when we have a 5th yr senior, top flight incoming QB, the mobile guy in Maurer, and potentially 2 more guys. That is a massive QB room and would seem wasteful.

Career QBRs

Bentley 130.7
JG 128.7

Bentley 146.2
JG 141.0

Bentley 90.8 *UNC game only
JG 149.3

JG would be the 2nd highest returning QBR in the conference. Bentley could have been up there. I do think they could make for a tight race.

But I mostly just question the use of a class spot when we have a 5th yr senior, top flight incoming QB, the mobile guy in Maurer, and potentially 2 more guys. That is a massive QB room and would seem wasteful.
I just do not trust Jg

I just do not trust Jg
And you trust Bentley? JG has 9 INTs in his last 2 seasons combined. Bentley had 14 last year alone.

Career INTs:
Bentley 32...1 INT every 31 pass attempts
JG: 11...1 INT every 55 pass attempts

I don't see Pruitt putting up with blatant turnovers.

Could you at least trust 1 of BM, JTS, or HB?

Unless...the staff knows 2 guys are leaving. That is my worse case scenario. JG takes a wild shot as an UDFA, BM transfers or med retires, and we have some transfer or a true freshman playing in his first year of Chaney's system and trying to mesh with an inexperienced receiver corps.

Really need to retain any chemistry JG, BM, or JtS has with the current receivers to smooth over the transistion into next year. An all new QB and set of starting WRs is not a good recipe.

And you trust Bentley? JG has 9 INTs in his last 2 seasons combined. Bentley had 14 last year alone.

Career INTs:
Bentley 32...1 INT every 31 pass attempts
JG: 11...1 INT every 55 pass attempts

I don't see Pruitt putting up with blatant turnovers.

Could you at least trust 1 of BM, JTS, or HB?

Unless...the staff knows 2 guys are leaving. That is my worse case scenario. JG takes a wild shot as an UDFA, BM transfers or med retires, and we have some transfer or a true freshman playing in his first year of Chaney's system and trying to mesh with an inexperienced receiver corps.

Really need to retain any chemistry JG, BM, or JtS has with the current receivers to smooth over the transistion into next year. An all new QB and set of starting WRs is not a good recipe.
Not really. I’m hoping Maurer/Bailey/Holiday is the QB next season

I just do not trust Jg

Seems like we do this every year, but next year will be the first time in his collegiate career he’s had the same coordinator for more than a year. The lights seem to be turning on towards the end of this season. Gotta wonder if another summer in the same system might actually yield the kind of productivity we thought we were going to see earlier this year.

Seems like we do this every year, but next year will be the first time in his collegiate career he’s had the same coordinator for more than a year. The lights seem to be turning on towards the end of this season. Gotta wonder if another summer in the same system might actually yield the kind of productivity we thought we were going to see earlier this year.
That and HB will be available if needed.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
This will be JG's first time in the same offense 2 years in a row. I foresee drastic improvement, which is potentially scary, especially with a competent OL for a full season.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back