'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

After having only half a season in Chaney's offense JG already looks serviceable and has played well enough to win every game we should have won.

Ga St and BYU are both on our defense. Peroid.

I would MUCH rather see this kid redshirt, get used to the speed of the college game and have 4 years playing for a team with all Pruitt's recruits.

His 4th and 5th years could be something absolutely spectacular if he lives up to the hype.

But don't forget......J.G. was this hyped before he got here.....now you all want to run him out of town in a rail......even after the grit, heart and desire to win he has displayed on the field.

JG has sort of been like Crompton in Chaneys first year. He was still same ole Crompton until the UGA game something clicked. JG eventually clicked. Maybe he sticks around

After having only half a season in Chaney's offense JG already looks serviceable and has played well enough to win every game we should have won.

I would MUCH rather see this kid redshirt, get used to the speed of the college game and have 4 years playing for a team with all Pruitt's recruits.

His 4th and 5th years could be something absolutely spectacular if he lives up to the hype.

But don't forget......J.G. was this hyped before he got here.....now you all want to run him out of town in a rail......even after the grit, heart and desire to win he has displayed on the field.

To summarize:
You don't believe JG had a single thing to do with BYU or GS losses.
Annnd....
Everyone but you wants him run out of town.

Just guessing, but you might have a flair for the dramatic?
Wee little bit?

JG played like he didn't have opposable thumbs against GA St. Period.

If "serviceable" is your qualification for our starting QB, then uh, you've just accepted mediocrity.

If HB lives up to the hype, he's not playing a 4th or 5th year.

"even after the grit, heart and desire to win he has displayed on the field" Are you talking about the last 3 weeks? He single handedly lost us the Alabama game with his selfishness and has lost us more games than he's won. Not a JG basher myself, but your comment makes it seem like he's been much more than he has been. He's flipped a switch these past few weeks, but I think just about everyone here wants to see a QB competition next year and to not just hand it to JG because he ended the season on a good note. If he wins, great. But to redshirt HB just because JG is now "serviceable" is ridiculous.

I don't completely agree with that. Defense was really bad in the Ga State game, but 4 TOs by the offense did not help the defense at all. D played much better in the BYU game, despite the misalignment issues in the secondary, which unfortunately led to the late FG with 17 seconds left in regulation to send the game to OT, but JG's INT in UT territory to start the 2nd half let BYU back into a game that UT seemed to have solid control of at the time as it gave BYU some momentum that they had not had the entire 1st half. While I will agree the D was erratic (not helped by missing Gooden, Thompson, and Bituli) ,TOs by the offense were critical to both of those losses.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Well look at this piece of revisionist history.

Harrison Bailey will be good here very early. Next year is going to be the most intense QB competition we have had since the Ainge and Brent Schaefer competition. It's good to see how Pruitt/Chaney has handled the situation this year. We are going into a critical evaluation period next spring and fall.

Last edited:
He may never see the field and transfer a year later. He’s going to be behind Taulia and Bears great grand kid both really good.
This kid is extremely hyped as the most college ready kid in the country, #21 player. The way Bama is talking him up, I'd say that would be a real letdown if he's beat by either of those guys...which would be glorious. Need Bama to return to game manager QBs.

This kid is extremely hyped as the most college ready kid in the country, #21 player. The way Bama is talking him up, I'd say that would be a real letdown if he's beat by either of those guys...which would be glorious. Need Bama to return to game manager QBs.

It seems like most QBs from his school get crazy hype to be greatest qb ever then end up being meh in college. Won’t surprise me if taulia is next man up there.

Eric Zeier was really good at Georgia he threw for a ton of yards

I mean if you have to go that far back then kind of proves my point. Was talking more recently like Wittek, Barkley and Daniels who were all crazy hyped and never have or did live up to it... also not sure if you realize that comment was about Bryce young bama commit

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I mean if you have to go that far back then kind of proves my point. Was talking more recently like Wittek, Barkley and Daniels who were all crazy hyped and never have or did live up to it... also not sure if you realize that comment was about Bryce young bama commit
Thanks for the info

Yep, Mater Dei has 5* QB every year and none of them have been stars in college. Their roster has like 40 3*s and up through all the classes. It's like a pretty talented college team playing high schools.

It seems like most QBs from his school get crazy hype to be greatest qb ever then end up being meh in college. Won’t surprise me if taulia is next man up there.
When your HS has produced 2 Heismans, 4 NFL QBs, and plays maybe the toughest schedule in America, you will get that respect.

VN Store

Back