'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

111th in pass attempts. Shall he run the ball, block, and play defense too? The staff basically asked him to go in and hand off on 1st down, hand off 2nd down, then bail them out on 3rd down. Just have to go off what he was able to control.
That's what im going off of.

Wrong! It may be his job right now, but there's no guarantee he's starting this year and next. He won the job by default last year because there was nobody to push him for the job. Just ask Kelly Bryant,Jalen Hurts, Jacob Eason and forget their names but QB's from Miami, Texas,NDame,Michigan and others.They were starters the previous years and eventually got beaten out by FR that finally pushed them for the starting job. And two of those had taken their teams to the college playoff. Not sure Maurer push's JG, but Shrout definitely will and Maurer possibly will also. Not saying either beat him out, but no starting QB's job is safe these days. Then Bailey comes in next season and he's got elite QB potential. But don't get it twisted, if Shrout or Maurer outperform JG they will start. Again I'm not saying it happens, but he hasn't done enough to just be guaranteed the starting job. He's 2-11 vs the SEC as a starter and 6-13 overall.. Butch isn't here anymore.. He will have to earn it again, especially with a new , no nonsense OC coming in.

this is such a dumb statement. he brought in chryst to compete with JG for the job. it was by no means JGs by default. the fact you say no body pushed him for the job is just dumb

Ahhh..but your argument was based on wins. You gave up on your argument so easily. I'd at least respect it if you stuck by your argument.
Was that the year UT scored the most points in program history but the defense also gave up the most in program history also? If I’m thinking of the right year .. you can’t put that on Bray. Pretty sure we took UAB or Troy to OT that year because the D was that bad.

Long live Sal Sunseri 3-4 defense

Reactions: bignewt
Was that the year UT scored the most points in program history but the defense also gave up the most in program history also? If I’m thinking of the right year .. you can’t put that on Bray. Pretty sure we took UAB or Troy to OT that year because the D was that bad.

Long live Sal Sunseri 3-4 defense

I'm not. I'm pointing out why that would be silly to do so. As you have further explained as well.

5th rated = 5 wins. Woohoo.
You seem to believe that QBs and RBs don't need the rest of the offense to be talented to score points and gain yards. Sometimes the defenses make a few mistakes which good QBs and RBs can use to make big plays. I know our defenses have made some good offensive players look great in the past 8-9 years.

VN Store

Back