'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Just a reminder that we have the best QB in this class

“Not enough 1-yard runs into the middle of the defense. Too busy throwing 30-yard dimes that look like NFL throws. Throws to the open guy rather than the 5-star guy promised to get the ball 10 times a game. Breaks out of the pocket and throws for first downs rather than getting that sweet three-yard run. Not worth a scholarship.”
—unnamed analyst from Alabama

Literally the first play of the video he uses his feet (and more importantly feel/pocket presence) to move around in the pocket and avoid the pass rush to extend the play and hit a big gainer. Butttt he's a statue.

Also at the 1:30ish mark makes a roll out throw from his own 1 yard line to the sideline with pinpoint accuracy for a first down.

Just a reminder that we have the best QB in this class

hope so but nobody agrees. DJ uigigigi I believe is #1. Stroud, king, and the USC kid graded higher at the opening.

Bailey is really good, but the more I see of him the less of this supposed elite prospect I see. He seemed more on par with the USCw and LSU prospects.

But Chaney and Weinke should do a lot to help him progress.

Literally the first play of the video he uses his feet (and more importantly feel/pocket presence) to move around in the pocket and avoid the pass rush to extend the play and hit a big gainer. Butttt he's a statue.

That's why I don't get the not mobile bullshite. Very aware and mobile in the pocket. The only criticism I have in that film is he threw into double coverage 4 times or so, but hell he threw such dimes and with such arm strength he pretty much threw over both guys and put it where only his WR could grab. So impressive.

That's why I don't get the not mobile bullshite. Very aware and mobile in the pocket. The only criticism I have in that film is he threw into double coverage 4 times or so, but hell he threw such dimes and with such arm strength he pretty much threw over both guys and put it where only his WR could grab. So impressive.

I guess the one thing I see is how he doesn't move with any urgency. Even his drop seems slow. He lumbers quite a bit. If you saw King or even back to how Manning played, they move with a lot of urgency and quickness. But I think he can work on it. He just needs to speed up everything in the lower half, while keeping everything up top similar. He's look great up top.

And yet there were those that said he was only rated high because of whose son he was, and BS was going to be much better..... You know, he looked so good scrambling around.

I assume laymen. The experts had him as a/the top recruit. I remember the tv announcement like it was yesterday. #1 QB in the country. Man that was cool to see!

I assume laymen. The experts had him as a/the top recruit. I remember the tv announcement like it was yesterday. #1 QB in the country. Man that was cool to see!
I remember reading in the press all the quotes about how great BS was going to be. There was great controversy before they even got to campus. Not sure who you consider the experts and layman being between recruiting services, sports media and football coaches. The regular fans were just feeding off what they said.

Is it OK if I could accuse him of having Happy Feet?

JMO but baileys recruiting pitch became more effective today. No more question marks from those he is recruiting on well what if king commits would he stick. This is the guy in the all the recruiting chats that matter for our class. Now you have Bailey as your no doubt guy. You add a developmental QB for depth or a veteran transfer. I lean transfer if you think Jg could go pro. Need a veteran that can potentially allow a bridge to Bailey in case he isn’t ready game 1 but would be game 4ish.

Reactions: Blake25p
JMO but baileys recruiting pitch became more effective today. No more question marks from those he is recruiting on well what if king commits would he stick. This is the guy in the all the recruiting chats that matter for our class. Now you have Bailey as your no doubt guy. You add a developmental QB for depth or a veteran transfer. I lean transfer if you think Jg could go pro. Need a veteran that can potentially allow a bridge to Bailey in case he isn’t ready game 1 but would be game 4ish.
I’m intrigued with that Maryland QB that’s in the portal.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Everyone's looking at this wrong. Bailey drops to 3 star (TN effect) then goes on to be a first round draft pick. Great recruiting tool. Kinda like Barnes coaching up Grant, AD, Bone etc.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
hope so but nobody agrees. DJ uigigigi I believe is #1. Stroud, king, and the USC kid graded higher at the opening.

Bailey is really good, but the more I see of him the less of this supposed elite prospect I see. He seemed more on par with the USCw and LSU prospects.

Um... he didn’t win the opening, but he’s been MVP of multiple rivals camps against the same guys. Trevor Lawrence finished 4th at the opening. That means nothing. But you do you, guy

Lol smh

We won't know who's better until 2/3 years from now. Those camps have 0 correlation on which qb will be good or not. Also, the people that run those events arent real qb evaluators.

Last edited:
The winner of the elite 11 this year is a joke. They decided to let the other QB's decide the MVP. You didn't even get evaluations on par with previous years.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back