'21 GA QB Brock Vandagriff (uga commit)

He grew up an Auburn fan
Well if he grew up an AU fan then he has to realize that the tires on the Gus Bus are just about done and Gus will be a retread at some other school in the near future. If not for beating Saban this year I think they would have rounded up the money to make him go away. That occasional win over Bama has saved his job several times and made him a ton of money. But his days are numbered down there. A bad season next year might get him.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Well if he grew up an AU fan then he has to realize that the tires on the Gus Bus are just about done and Gus will be a retread at some other school in the near future. If not for beating Saban this year I think they would have rounded up the money to make him go away. That occasional win over Bama has saved his job several times and made him a ton of money. But his days are numbered down there. A bad season next year might get him.
Grew up an AU fan but don’t think he ends up there.

Posted in FB talk thread but will post here as well.

GoVols247 takes a look at some of the Vols' current options at quarterback in the 2021 class, including all six of their targets who remain uncommitted and one high-priority target they haven't stopped pursuing since he committed to another school several months ago.

BROCK VANDAGRIFF

A five-star prospect from Prince Avenue Christian School in Bogart, Ga., Vandagriff is ranked the No. 8 overall prospect and No. 1 pro-style quarterback in the 2021 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He was committed to Oklahoma for months before parting ways with the Sooners on Jan. 1, citing a desire to attend a school that's closer to home. He's now expected to end up at a school in the Southeast, most likely in the SEC, with nearby Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Tennessee all in the running. He has visited the Vols at least a few times in the past, and his father, Prince Avenue Christian coach Greg Vandagriff, is a Knoxville native who went to Halls High School.

His father even has bought Tennessee football season tickets for years, although he seldom makes it to Knoxville for games these days. The younger Vandagriff landed an offer from the Vols in June 2018 after a strong showing at one of their camps. All five predictions on the 247Sports Crystal Ball still point to Oklahoma as the favorite to land Vandagriff, but Georgia and Florida now are believed to be among the top contenders for him.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
I’m almost positive this kid said early on that he wants to go somewhere where he can walk in and be the man. With Bailey being as good as he is, I sincerely doubt this guy gives us a serious look.

I’m almost positive this kid said early on that he wants to go somewhere where he can walk in and be the man. With Bailey being as good as he is, I sincerely doubt this guy gives us a serious look.
He was committed to OU and they have Spencer Ratler. He's the best QB recruit in the class. There is probably only a hand full of QBs he doesn't think he is better than as a freshman.

I started earlier in this thread that this kid isn't coming to UT. The camping circuit turned him and HB into rivals of sorts over the past couple of years, hyping up Brock as being better than HB. Yet, Bailey out performed him at every camp. If there was ever two kids that wouldn't end up at the same school, it's these two.

Reactions: WxVol
I hope we don’t land this kid. But it’s because I hope Bailey comes in and takes the reigns as a true freshman and Brock wants to go somewhere with a clearer path to start sooner.

VN Store

Back