‘23 GA OT Shamurad Umarov (Tennessee commit)

I wonder how many of those Fong went back and changed right before an announcement
I don't know, but iirc two or three days ago someone was worried that Fong had a strong prediction to PSU, and someone who seemed to be familiar with Fong's history replied that he has an accuracy rate over 90% because it is his usual way to change his prediction at the very end in a number of cases. That seemed to imply that he hears something that he takes to be reliable and it generally does turn out to be reliable or he is an awesome guesser. I suppose he wouldn't have to in cases where he wanted to keep his prediction; but it seems consonant with his alleged M.O. that he would up the strength of his standing prediction very late. I don't know anything much about Fong except what I read here.

A) yes. Proven over and over again with how often they’re wrong. Yes, some of that could be recency bias.

B) yes again. Why ask it twice but in 2 different ways?

C) ah, I suppose you’re looking for me to be literal. Literally do I have a big heart? No idea. But I appreciate your concern for my personal health. But I literally do not prefer for fellow Vol fans to get their hopes up on a recruit bc of “insiders” or “experts” to only to be let down. I feel for them. I sympathize. Hence the joking nature of the big heart comment. Hope that clears point C up for you.

D) see above - C. Still not sure why you ask the same question 2 different ways

E) I stay here bc I like to know as much as possible and watch highlights about the recruits who choose to be Vols. Do you need more information regarding this topic or will this answer suffice?

F) I’m no expert on human behavior. So I’ll have to take your word for it that this is such a strange phenomenon.

G) oh good, back to the large heart comment. Hope the point above (C for your reference) clears that up. I’ll certainly try to remember to not make comments that can’t be taken in a literal sense.

Whew. I’m a) starting to think you b) just like using c) a bunch of d) letters to e) make lists.

F) the above (a-e) are not to be taken in a literal sense. Actually none of this post should be taken that seriously. Just like “insiders” and “experts” shouldn’t be taken seriously.
The division into two is yours. You made a division of all things on this board into two: "knows anything" and "guesses passed along as fact." Now since your remarks are on this board, I wanted to know which bucket I should put your own claim into. If the first, then the argument contradicts itself because somebody (you) knows something. If the latter, then you yourself are only "guessing and pass[ing your guess] along as fact." Sorry, if that was unclear.

I didn't want you to jump to a discussion of your motive because in that case you would not be able to see the point that I just repeated. As for your big heart, I do think you may have had one all along like the Tin Man. I'm just making that joke because it's funny, I'm not making fun of you: I am serious. Surely we are dealing with likelihoods and no one here knows the future. Your warning to not count chicken before they are hatched seems like a worthy point to me.

It’s interesting that in his scouting report (from late Feb) it says that he has a true tackle body “at a verified 290” and he has gained 47 pounds since then lol. Curious how they’ll approach his S&C since he clearly doesn’t need to bulk up

I would not count out Tayven Jackson. Everybody is super impressed with him. Honestly for the future my money is on him, but Nico has huge potential as well. It’ll be an interesting battle!
Problem is If he gets the job it’s hard to just give someone like the Nico the job if Jackson does a good job. Then the problem becomes the likelihood of Nico transferring.

What’s wrong with that you might say? Well if Jackson is good but not great you might be losing a generational talent with a much higher upside. If Jackson performs at All SEC level and can make the tight window throws that Nico can then that’s a different story.

I wonder how many of those Fong went back and changed right before an announcement
That would affect their rankings. Yes it would change the percentage, but you basically get no points at all if you make a last minute switch.

Ofc I'd imagine he would switch it if it was the right thing to do and at least a few days out, but don't think I've ever seen him make a same-day switch. That's pretty frowned upon.

Reactions: MarcoVol

VN Store

Back