'22 GA OT Dayne Shor (Alabama commit)

This is one concern I had posted before with NIL, would you see programs stocking the shelves with 4*s as Preferred Walk Ons with promises of $$$ down the road

Don’t worry, rules will be put in place to prevent this long after Bama has been allowed time to exploit it at everyone else’s expense.

If they're getting him to walk on with NIL money promises, that should absolutely be looked into. That's some Bear Bryant type **** that led to the introduction of scholarship limits.

You can't look into something that is legal. I do hope the find some parameters and guidelines for this NIL stuff because it's absolutely out of control right now. Fans forming together to mk companies to pay and so on. It will only get worse.

You can't look into something that is legal. I do hope the find some parameters and guidelines for this NIL stuff because it's absolutely out of control right now. Fans forming together to mk companies to pay and so on. It will only get worse.
The question is, is it legal? Sure NIL is legal, but is it legal to use it to get a kid to accept a walk-on position to come to their school. If THAT'S legal, we have a big problem. The NCAA needs to address that, somehow, someway. It allows a school to buck the scholarship limits.

The question is, is it legal? Sure NIL is legal, but is it legal to use it to get a kid to accept a walk-on position to come to their school. If THAT'S legal, we have a big problem. The NCAA needs to address that, somehow, someway. It allows a school to buck the scholarship limits.

It’s just as legal as any walk-on that decides to go to a school. Kid I guess thinks he can make enough to pay his own way at first. Keep in mind that is assuming all of this is true. The Bama guy could have been mistaken. Seems odd to accept a PWO for a year over a scholarship this early.

I'm confused. If you are riding the pine as a walk on...how are you going to get NIL deals and money? Also, any true competitor wants to play the game. I'm not sure about this stuff. I am also concerned with how these kids are going to act when they come into lots of money. Will they handle it in a way that doesn't jeopardize their responsibilities to their teams and schoolwork? I'm sure some will go absolutely nuts partying and the like. I guess we will see.

This is one concern I had posted before with NIL, would you see programs stocking the shelves with 4*s as Preferred Walk Ons with promises of $$$ down the road
This has to be just fan rumors….. is Alabama really willing to pay 40,000 plus a year for a lineman other schools were backing off.

This has to be just fan rumors….. is Alabama really willing to pay 40,000 plus a year for a lineman other schools were backing off.
Not a rumor, just my uneducated opinion from the outside on a macro level of the new college landscape and how you can gig the system.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
Not a rumor, just my uneducated opinion from the outside on a macro level of the new college landscape and how you can gig the system.
I saw a few people discussing it but out of state tuition and room/board is over 40,000…..that would take a lot of cash to make it worth your while which would be worth it for obvious studs.

I'm confused. If you are riding the pine as a walk on...how are you going to get NIL deals and money? Also, any true competitor wants to play the game. I'm not sure about this stuff. I am also concerned with how these kids are going to act when they come into lots of money. Will they handle it in a way that doesn't jeopardize their responsibilities to their teams and schoolwork? I'm sure some will go absolutely nuts partying and the like. I guess we will see.
This is where I am interested to see what happens. Does the teams built on 3*s with lots of upside and still willing to put the work in to succeed start beating and surpassing the teams built on elite talent that go there to make a bunch of money, but lose focus and aren’t willing to put the work in? If so, we might be on the right side of the equation finally, because I think we have a staff that is recruiting a profile of kids willing to come in and put the work in and get developed. If they make money for their NIL, then great.

VN Store

Back