'22 GA OT Dayne Shor (Alabama commit)

Having a walk on as his host says all you need to know

And what is all I need to know? Are you implying that a walk-on athlete with a scholarship only hosts walk-ons or recruits with offers that are not committable? I don't think it tells me all I need to know. Sounds like the staff wants Shor, like they are recruiting Shor with a committable offer. As for what other schools are doing, I do not claim to know.

And what is all I need to know? Are you implying that a walk-on athlete with a scholarship only hosts walk-ons or recruits with offers that are not committable? I don't think it tells me all I need to know. Sounds like the staff wants Shor, like they are recruiting Shor with a committable offer. As for what other schools are doing, I do not claim to know.
I’ll put money he’s a fall back option. We’re in on some good lineman.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
I must have posted old numbers.
No worries. I just know as a coach I’d be putting my heavy hitters on my most wanted prospects. We’ll get a better idea in a couple years on the evaluation skills of this staff then we can say with more confidence one way or another how good or bad these guys are at spotting talent.

Addison Nichols, Fisher Anderson, Carter Smith, Ryan Brubaker, Deshawn Woods, Ryan Baer, Mo Clipper, Grayson Morgan, Brian Grant, Timi Gagophien, and Patrick Kutas are higher targets. There is an in-state OL from Ravenwood that is a good OC in Carter Miller. I don't think he is above Shor but if we have a lot of OT at the moment and we need iOL and miss on some iOL targets, we MIGHT take him over Shor

Addison Nichols, Fisher Anderson, Carter Smith, Ryan Brubaker, Deshawn Woods, Ryan Baer, Mo Clipper, Grayson Morgan, Brian Grant, Timi Gagophien, and Patrick Kutas are higher targets. There is an in-state OL from Ravenwood that is a good OC in Carter Miller. I don't think he is above Shor but if we have a lot of OT at the moment and we need iOL and miss on some iOL targets, we MIGHT take him over Shor
@allvolrecruiting Your information seems pretty detailed. Who makes the decisions on these players? The coaches or a recruiting staff? I know that Heupel has quite a bureaucratic ancillary recruiting staff.

@allvolrecruiting Your information seems pretty detailed. Who makes the decisions on these players? The coaches or a recruiting staff? I know that Heupel has quite a bureaucratic ancillary recruiting staff.
Those are just from what I have read and seen. The coaching staff has a board and most of the time will take a the guy higher. For example, we aren't taking Jordan McDonald now per AP. I've been surprised by some guys we are not going after (D'Arco Perkins-McCallister, Myles Pollard), but then guys have popped up later that we want. Still learning the type of guys the new staff values more, but we have started to get the idea that the we want long, athletic, fast players now.

Those are just from what I have read and seen. The coaching staff has a board and most of the time will take a the guy higher. For example, we aren't taking Jordan McDonald now per AP. I've been surprised by some guys we are not going after (D'Arco Perkins-McCallister, Myles Pollard), but then guys have popped up later that we want. Still learning the type of guys the new staff values more, but we have started to get the idea that the we want long, athletic, fast players now.
I love the fact that this staff has a system and is recruiting to that system and not just taking a kid because of some hype. I am a believer that we now have coaches in our 3 major sports that are functioning with intelligence and have specific plans and goals. Also, those coaches seem to care about their players and seem to care a lot about having players that have to meet a certain level of intelligence to play in their system. Not just the “it is all about me” crowd. It is working for Vitello and Barnes and I have a feeling that Heupel is of the same mold.

VN Store

Back