'24 GA OT Daniel Calhoun (Georgia commit)

We’ve landed two starters in the transfer portal, about to have another OL drafted, have seen the most consistency in an OL in years, and here some people want to run off the coach because some service websites didn’t like our signees lol.

I love this place.

Development of the OL matters as much or more than stars.

We’ve landed two starters in the transfer portal, about to have another OL drafted, have seen the most consistency in an OL in years, and here some people want to run off the coach because some service websites didn’t like our signees lol.

I love this place.

Ditto. His OL’s at Mizzou were imposing and got there in a short order. The improvement from season 1 to season 2 was uncanny. It’s foolhardy to not expect even more improvement this season imo. Every year the veterans become a bigger part of the process. That culture was evident with Cooper Mays in his Dave Hooker interview. I’ll take that every day over a recruiter who lands them but doesn’t do Jack for maximizing their talent.

I love this place.

Hard to argue with this, although I do wish the OL recruiting would kick it up a notch or two.

Need to start grooming a center or two. We're getting spoiled with Cooper Mays Scott Wells reprise.
I imagine we’ll find out Cooper’s heir apparent by the time spring camp is over. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Nichols in the role if he can’t do enough to secure Carvin’s old spot.

He’s working on his third class in 2024. It needs to be better.

It's going to be:

IOL
Ronan O’Connell
Mason Wade
Donovan Harbour
Jimothy Lewis
Kyle Altuner

OT
Daniel Calhoun (OV June 16th)
Marquis Easley (OV June 16th)
Max Anderson (OV June 23rd)
Preston Taumua (OV June 23rd)
Kevin Heywood
Ethan Calloway
Jameson Riggs
Malachi Tolliver
Fletcher Westphal
Jesse Perry
Eagan Boyer
Nathaniel Roy
Mark Schroller
Justin Tauanuu
Bennett Warren
Josiah Thompson
Kison Shepherd

Why not measure his success by performance on the field instead of rankings of guys who have yet to play a snap of college football?

Recruiting is about the future. You don’t win the Kentucky Derby without a horse meeting the dosage index. See D. Wright.

Elarbee has done a good job developing. But, OT recruiting hasn’t been top level objectively. All I said is he needs to win some top of board guys, not number 12.

Last edited:
Glen Elarbee has done a nice job at Tennessee. Just needed to expand the board and he has done that this cycle

Without a doubt. Almost statistically impossible for us to not sign 3-4 really strong OTs given the number of high level dudes we've already gotten to campus and/or with plans to visit.

Recruiting is about the future. You don’t win the Kentucky Derby without a horse meeting the dosage index. See D. Wright.

Elarbee has done a good job developing. But, OT recruiting hasn’t been top level objectively. All I said is he needs to win some top of board guys, not number 12.
Out of the thousand or so available #12 ain't bad

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Daniel Calhoun is scheduled to be in Knoxville again this weekend. Things have not changed much in this recruitment over the past few weeks as Alabama and Georgia seem to be the teams to beat, with Tennessee firmly in the mix.
This weekend will allow Tennessee to attempt to re-establish some momentum with Calhoun. His family likes the relationship with Glen Elarbee and Josh Heupel. This visit will be a nice refresher for him, as he plans to start using official visits in June and work towards a late summertime/early fall decision.
-VQ

Daniel Calhoun is one the Vols are still working on. Georgia and Alabama are out in front but it may not be as much as some think. Tennessee will get their chance in June with his 3rd official visit. He continues to have consistent, positive communication with Glen Elarbee and the Tennessee staff. Josh Heupel’s personality has also caught the attention of Calhoun and his parents. We believe Calhoun will make a decision in late July.
-VQ

VN Store

Back