'22 GA OT Addison Nichols (Tennessee signee)

Speaking of Atlanta, Tennessee continues to be in a really good spot for offensive lineman Addison Nichols. He has set up some official visits but is yet to announce a Tennessee visit. In theory, he may decide not to officially visit because he has been here so many times and instead just unofficially visit to visit with the staff. It’s something that he is weighing right now.
-Vq

The four-star Class of 2022 offensive lineman from Greater Atlanta Christian School in Norcross, Ga., said Wednesday that he’s planning to take official visits to Georgia, Florida, USC and Ohio State, starting with a trip to Georgia the weekend of June 4. Nichols told GoVols247 on Thursday night that he probably will use his final official visit to take another look at Tennessee sometime after his four tentatively scheduled visits.

The 6-foot-5, 310-pound Nichols said he decided to set his visits in that order, waiting until at least the end of June to take another look at the Vols, because he “wanted to see them last.” He has visited Tennessee at least a handful of times in the past.

“I might squeeze it in the last few days in June unless the NCAA lets us go in July,” Nichols said of his possible official visit to Knoxville, adding that his “worst-case” scenario would involve waiting until August to see the Vols again.

“I've been there (the) most, so it's just about the coaches now.”

Nichols has spent the past several weeks getting to know new Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff. Nichols grew up attending football and basketball games at UT, his mother’s alma mater, and has spent plenty of time in Knoxville, Tenn., visiting his grandparents. His family ties to the Vols and the Knoxville area have made them a strong contender for him over the past two years.

While Nichols admitted his interest in Tennessee had started to waver at one point following former Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt’s firing in January, Nichols said last month that his interest in the program was “definitely making a comeback.”

His frequent contact with Heupel’s staff, led by offensive line coach Glen Elarbee and Heupel himself, has continued to help Tennessee again emerge as one of the top teams in the running for him.

“I speak with them a lot — (probably) every other (day),” said Nichols, who’s ranked the No. 92 overall prospect and No. 9 offensive tackle in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I really enjoyed my conversations with them. They're very personable and knowledgeable. I like how they coach.”
-Callahan

Last edited:
Nichols and Fisher could be what we had hoped for Morris and Wright (I’m not giving up on Wright yet, just pointing out that they came together).

If Wright has a good enough year to get drafted, with him and Mays gone, it opens the door for any freshman OT looking for immediate playing time in ‘22.

Nichols and Fisher could be what we had hoped for Morris and Wright (I’m not giving up on Wright yet, just pointing out that they came together).

If Wright has a good enough year to get drafted, with him and Mays gone, it opens the door for any freshman OT looking for immediate playing time in ‘22.
At least any new kid coming in will get some effective and unFriendly coaching. That would be a big plus.

At least any new kid coming in will get some effective and unFriendly coaching. That would be a big plus.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F143b686e-7bb6-4cce-9535-9ff76a40ccc7_920x483.png

VN Store

Back