'22 GA OT Addison Nichols (Tennessee signee)

We are still UT. It’s hard to recruit at an awful level here. We need to start winning and then we will see more winning battles between UF/UGA/Bama
But I thought it was Heup can't recruit... Tennessee can't get any good recruits with the NCAA sanctions coming especially against the top 5... Kiffin will own Memphis especially for offensive players.... Now it's anyone can recruit here just have to get "more" players AL, OSU and GA want?

But I thought it was Heup can't recruit... Tennessee can't get any good recruits with the NCAA sanctions coming especially against the top 5... Kiffin will own Memphis especially for offensive players.... Now it's anyone can recruit here just have to get "more" players AL, OSU and GA want?
I think you took my comment the wrong way. Yep this is great, I never really expected us to land 0 4 stars like some on this board did. Still; it will take more than hype and good PR around NIL to land more big boys. We have to start winning. Good job so far

Reactions: SweetasSoda
The 6-foot-5, 318-pound Nichols, who’s one of Tennessee’s longtime top targets, admitted he’s still “a little torn” between the schools still in the running for him, although “not too much” compared to how he recently felt coming off his five official visits in June. He took official visits to Georgia, Florida, Ohio State, Tennessee and USC last month after naming a top five that included all five schools.
Nichols has multiple family connections to Tennessee and has visited the Vols a handful of times, including his official visit to Knoxville the weekend of June 18. His mother went to Tennessee, and his grandparents live in Knoxville and have taken him to some of the Vols’ home games in the past.

First-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff has made Nichols a priority over the past six months, and Nichols said he likes the changes the Vols’ current players have seen within the program under Heupel.

“I feel like it’s definitely a gamble,” Nichols said. “I feel like their system can really work in the SEC and do well. I know there’s a lot of opportunity for me, networking-wise. I already have a lot of connections at Tennessee, and I feel like I can really build a big network of connections through Tennessee.

“I really like what the new staff is doing. There was, with the old staff, a lot of stuff going on that was really bad, and then I feel like the new staff’s done a really good job to kind of come in and change that. They’ve brought a really good culture to the team. I just feel like they’re doing a really, really good job kind of trying to bring the program back to what it was. ...

“I was talking to some of the players, and they were saying stuff like, the division was so crazy, you just wouldn’t even associate with anyone outside of practice. If you walked into the training center or the football center any time outside of practice, you wouldn’t see a single soul in there. It’d be a desert.

“The players were saying the new staff has made the culture so much better, where people actually want to go and they’ll stay in the facility. They’ll stay together. They’ll hang out. They’ll go to rehab together, or they’ll go to the player lounge together or whatever. They don’t just go home and kind of do their own thing.”

Some of Tennessee’s current commitments, including four-star quarterback Tayven Jackson, have made a public push to convince Nichols to join them in playing for the Vols, with Jackson and others making social-media posts that include the hashtag “#WeWantAddison.”

“I talk to them a lot,” Nichols said. “I actually was on FaceTime with Tayven (on Tuesday). They’re trying to convince me to just go ahead and get it over with. I’m like, ‘Come on, man. I’ve got to take my time.’

“They’re like, ‘Screw taking your time. Just do it.’”

Nichols, who said he “probably” will announce his decision sometime in early August, also has been impressed with Ohio State since his official visit with the Buckeyes roughly a month ago.
-Callahan

I think you took my comment the wrong way. Yep this is great, I never really expected us to land 0 4 stars like some on this board did. Still; it will take more than hype and good PR around NIL to land more big boys. We have to start winning. Good job so far
Oh, okay. Yeah, I was not expecting much good until they played a few games.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Wow. Pruitt, like the intern and Dooley before him were an absolute disaster. It would be hard to find three worse hires
It really is remarkable.

The NCAA should consider the “sanctions” we have handcuffed ourselves with during those tenures and let us just call it a wash.

To be fair, we had some serious Covid protocols last year that made it tough for kids to socialize. UT took it more serious than other schools. Throw that on top of losing a bunch of games and your culture goes to ****.
From the quote it sounded like they didn't want to be around each other. I had drawn the conclusion there was a big division between those being paid a lot and those working hard. Appears there wasn't one big divide but no groups at all.

I don't know why but I feel really good about Heupel. I don't think we'll win natties but I think the program will be fun again. It hasn't been much fun since 2016 and that felt fake as it was happening.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol

VN Store

Back