'19 GA OLB Roman Harrison (Tennessee signee)

He'll play for Pruitt and defensive coordinator Kevin Sherrer. Also give credit to support staff member Danny Stiff, who showed Harrison plenty of personality at camp. Ultimately, it was the top Vol who made the call on Harrison and he likes what he saw.

"Coach Pruitt is a really down to earth type of guy," Harrison said. "I like his approach. He told me about how I'd fit into the defense and what he likes about my game. The entire staff are much the same way."

Harrison earned an offer from Michigan State after camping and earning an offer from the Vols. Clearly his recruitment looks set to add more in the coming months, but he wanted to put it behind him and focus on his final year at Bainbridge.

"I wanted to get it behind me so I could focus on my school year," Harrison said. "There is a lot of history and a lot of people love Tennessee and I can't wait."

Harrison still plans on taking some visits this fall.

VQ

Reactions: 10 people
Even in our best recruiting classes, about half of our signees are usually 3 stars. They aren’t all going to be kids that Bama and UGA are after.

How many elite prospects left on the board do you expect us to land

Are we missing out on elite guys? Or are we going after guys that’s are late bloomers and are going to end up getting a bump in the recruiting rankings?

I think it's just where we are as a program. UGA has elite kids knocking down their doors and we are going to have to out-evaluate and out-develop teams for a few years to get back to that level.

Reactions: 1 person
That offer list though. I know some of you will spin this in a positive way, but this is a WTH moment

It's still before his senior year, though. I know kids are constantly camping, but there's still time for his stock to rise. If we were in February, definite red-flag.

That offer list though. I know some of you will spin this in a positive way, but this is a WTH moment

He camped, balled out, and was offered after Sherrer and Pruitt saw him in person. Nothing to spin. Pruitt has a reputation of finding diamonds and turning them into contributors. I see no reason to doubt that at the present time.

BOOM! Welcome aboard, Roman!

Every class is going to have a handful of reaches. I see nothing wrong with taking a flyer on a freak athlete with size.

Reactions: 4 people

I agree. I was fine with the Clemons commit, but now we have two players at the same position that literally nobody else wanted.

Boom!

Last sentence is less than reassuring but he is probably securing a spot.

Ron do you have Barton's take?

“In terms of raw tools, there’s a lot to be excited about with Harrison,” Simmons said of Harrison. "He’s an explosive, powerful, country-strong dude who played out of position as a junior but still was an impact player. "I love the idea of bringing in a hard-working kid that can lift or jump over anything you put in front of him and teaching him the technique. He’s raw but he’s exciting.”

Harrison posted a 39-inch vertical at Tennessee’s camp last month, and he claims to have been timed at 4.6 seconds in the 40-yard dash. He also has posted videos on his Twitter account that show him bench-pressing 410 pounds and power-cleaning 355 pounds.

In May, Harrison finished fourth in Georgia’s Class 5A in the discus throw. “He just strikes me as a kid that has innate, natural strength and athleticism,” Simmons said. Film from Harrison’s junior season might not show everything he’s capable of doing as an edge rusher at Tennessee since he primarily plays defensive tackle. But he still recorded 50 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks and 13 quarterback hurries last year.

He admitted defensive tackle isn't his best position, and it’s likely not where he will play in college. But it’s simply where his team needs him to play. “The fact that he plays out of position makes him that much more intriguing to me,” Simmons said. “(He is) tough and strong enough to be an inside guy, but clearly brimming with edge athleticism.”

-Barton Simmons, 247

MOTOR.

His hs Coaches said he does not stop. He has a MOTOR that can’t be taught.

That’s why they put him on Kickoffs cause he just goes and goes.

Sometimes you can have all the talent in the world and be lazy, or have MOTOR and go rite around or through said talent.

Staff has proven offers will be based on what they see and not recruiting rankings. This guy has size and athleticism. Future looks bright on the hill

BOOM!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back