'24 GA LB Sammy Brown (Clemson commit)

Not exactly what I intended. Starting 2024 UGA and UT only play every other year, so maybe skip '24 and play in '25. ILB'ers usually don't start their freshman year at most P5 schools anyway because there's a big learning curve. So he'd probably play meaningful minutes in either '25 or '26 depending on which year we play. If he goes pro after three years, that's it.
Good point on divisions going away. With that, though, meeting in the postseason becomes a distinct possibility. If current trends prevail, UGA and UT will be among the top teams in the conference for the foreseeable future. I would be more surprised if we didn’t meet in an SECCG in the first five years of the new system than if we did.

Good point on divisions going away. With that, though, meeting in the postseason becomes a distinct possibility. If current trends prevail, UGA and UT will be among the top teams in the conference for the foreseeable future. I would be more surprised if we didn’t meet in an SECCG in the first five years of the new system than if we did.
In 1992 I thought that UT-Bama would be common opponents in the SEC Championship games and 31 years later it has failed to happen once.

This kid and his mullet are as for sure of a thing at linebacker as there can be. This would be a huge miss regardless. Have to win some of these battles to close the gap

Reactions: Ratvol
This kid and his mullet are as for sure of a thing at linebacker as there can be. This would be a huge miss regardless. Have to win some of these battles to close the gap
images

Huge want but seems like a near impossible pull from Georgia, school and state, with the current state of things. $ talks though.

I think Clemson leads for him
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes to Clemson. UGA's linebacker class last year was absurd so that's a crowded room. Hopefully we have a better season than Clemson and can take advantage of that pitch because it's very possible the depth chart pushes him away from the Dwags.

He would be a better fit at Clemson than Georgia.

I think people are too enamored with early, every down playing time. If he is as good as advertised, he will see the field as a freshman and sophomore anywhere he goes. He will see the field a bit less somewhere like Georgia but that can be a good thing for him, as linebackers take a beating over their career. He'd likely start day 1 somewhere like UT (and 99% of others) and take 3 years of bruising being an every-down LB. There are positives and negatives to both situations. I see more positives going to Georgia and developing for a year or 2 against other top talent while still seeing the field plenty. Meanwhile, he could potentially be a day 1 star at UT/Clemson which may yield more NIL $ but he likely will have big NIL deals lined up well before he sees the field anyways. It all depends if he wants to take a shot at being a superstar/all-time great at a school like us or Clemson or take a bit easier road at Georgia. Then again, if he's good enough, as in Heisman good, he'll still be a superstar/all-time great at Georgia as well.

I think people are too enamored with early, every down playing time. If he is as good as advertised, he will see the field as a freshman and sophomore anywhere he goes. He will see the field a bit less somewhere like Georgia but that can be a good thing for him, as linebackers take a beating over their career. He'd likely start day 1 somewhere like UT (and 99% of others) and take 3 years of bruising being an every-down LB. There are positives and negatives to both situations. I see more positives going to Georgia and developing for a year or 2 against other top talent while still seeing the field plenty. Meanwhile, he could potentially be a day 1 star at UT/Clemson which may yield more NIL $ but he likely will have big NIL deals lined up well before he sees the field anyways. It all depends if he wants to take a shot at being a superstar/all-time great at a school like us or Clemson or take a bit easier road at Georgia. Then again, if he's good enough, as in Heisman good, he'll still be a superstar/all-time great at Georgia as well.
1682017358036.gif

If he doesn't come here, id like to see him at Nebraska.

I really want Nebraska to be good again.

VN Store

Back