'19 GA LB Jamie Pettway (Missouri signee)

This kid wants to be a Vol but I'm not sure he will be unless the staff visits him. He is a great player

This kid wants to be a Vol but I'm not sure he will be unless the staff visits him. He is a great player
Hopefully we didn't wait too late chasing longshots. One thing that concerns me is that I am not sure CJP and staff have adjusted to not being Bama yet when it comes to recruiting. His past relationships get us in the door with some heavy hitters but unless a kid has bona fide desire to play early at any cost, I am not sure how much of a chance we have for most of the Top 150 types at this point.

We also could have had Zion Logue if we jumped on him early. These are solid players, with good development they can be formidable SEC players as redshirt juniors or seniors. That's how Stoops built Kentucky and as long as we've been down, I think that's our best path back also. As it stands, this kid will probably go to Missouri, we'll be stuck with someone worse, and he'll be extra motivated to stomp us every year.

Last edited:
First part of your statement is accurate but it's WAY too early to say Jeremy Pruitt and staff=development. Certainly, I hope 2-3 years from now it is an accurate statement. Keeping it real and balanced!

Go VOLS!!!
Well, technically, yeah, but we're basing that on what they have done throughout their careers.

He will sign next week just won’t early enroll. I think getting him means that they know they have missed on Trezmen Marshall. I believe the traction with Arkansas and Lakia Henry stems from the fact that Tennessee has concerns over grade issues. He won’t be there until May and won’t sign until February so they can not take a chance on missing completely at the position if he wasn’t eligible. I do believe that they could sign 2 out of 3 on Russell, Pettway or Brown and still make room for To’oto’o In February if given the chance.

He will sign next week just won’t early enroll. I think getting him means that they know they have missed on Trezmen Marshall. I believe the traction with Arkansas and Lakia Henry stems from the fact that Tennessee has concerns over grade issues. He won’t be there until May and won’t sign until February so they can not take a chance on missing completely at the position if he wasn’t eligible. I do believe that they could sign 2 out of 3 on Russell, Pettway or Brown and still make room for To’oto’o In February if given the chance.
I think they're also holding out for crouch as well. Think they like him at lb also. Jmo.

Reactions: UT4LIFE86
I think they're also holding out for crouch as well. Think they like him at lb also. Jmo.
I agree. They went in-home with him tonight I believe. Lot of optimism there right now. He is a very impressionable kid and his choice will probably be last minute

I agree. They went in-home with him tonight I believe. Lot of optimism there right now. He is a very impressionable kid and his choice will probably be last minute
He's visiting this weekend too last I saw.

VN Store

Back