‘23 GA LB CJ Allen (UGA Commit)

No offense to you because I don’t give likes or respond to opposing fans posts, but you have always been respectful here when you post, but I agree I thought he was going to your team from the get go. There was no secret buildup here. I won’t however tell him or your team good luck and I’m sure you understand why.

Thanks. I try to be civil and reasonably non-partisan with fans of other schools. It seems to helps slow the headlong descent into crotchety old manhood.

I've only met one Tennessee fan that I remember; a young man of 20ish or so at a Vegas sports book (can't remember which one) about 20 years ago. We spent a couple of hours talking football and making bets and it was a pleasant afternoon. Face to face and outside of sports venues, I'd like to think that kind of interaction is more the norm than the exception.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Thanks. I try to be civil and reasonably non-partisan with fans of other schools. It seems to helps slow the headlong descent into crotchety old manhood.

I've only met one Tennessee fan that I remember; a young man of 20ish or so at a Vegas sports book (can't remember which one) about 20 years ago. We spent a couple of hours talking football and making bets and it was a pleasant afternoon. Face to face and outside of sports venues, I'd like to think that kind of interaction is more the norm than the exception.
Now STFU dawg sniffer. Now we’re back on course 😁.

C42F0CC7-80C8-4A76-BB9E-E4B7F66B3D12.gif

Just don’t go around barking at people and everything will be normal

Reactions: DawgInterloper
I was just trying to feel better about missing him. They do look pretty good. Off topic, but I hope the new EA College Football offers some sweet uni combos.
That's what I'm excited about. That and seeing how they do the recruiting mechanic now. I expect the real Vols to break out a couple of alternate uniforms this season.

I'm not an insider, and Kirby doesn't let much info about their recruiting process leak out. Just going by the fact that he's listed as having a UGA offer for over a year, and I've seen his name mentioned frequently on UGA boards, I'd guess he's had a solid offer for a while. Since the early years of the Richt era, Georgia has tended to hold off on in-state offers until they're reasonably sure, because if/when UGA reneges on an in-state football scholarship offer without a good reason, the HS coaches take it personally.
Well, I will take this occasion to say thanks for that day I asked a question about currencies and you popped up and answered. So, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: DawgInterloper

Most alumni of different schools are decent people especially if they’re older and been through the ups and downs of a program over the course of time. Some of your bandwagoners are aholes and the more successful a program is usually the more of those sub humans you have in the group.

What we have to hope is we have really good coaches and we are truly getting those hidden gems. I'm not sure how possible that is anymore but Frank Beamer used to whoop peoples a$$ this way getting the 3 stars out of Virginia. Louisville teams with with the motorcycle wreck guy was sorta like that the first time around.

When you play these teams getting the "stars" you make them regret it by leaving long looks on their faces after the game. Until this happens we are going to continue to lose on the optics because the optics paint a picture that we are more modern Nebraska than modern Oklahoma.

The recruit has to have something about them that's special or rare though. Length but need to put on weight. Speed but need to put on size. Desire vs natural lazy talent. Nose for the ball and smarts. You have to hit more than you miss. You have to know where you need to have that special player vs where you can plug and be content with being solid. These guys should expect to win. Tennessee can get some players but clearly we're seeing we are a program still have a little recruiting drought annually. Hopefully this staff stays around but realistic recruiting expectations sadly may have to be readjusted.

Reactions: hooter vol
Most alumni of different schools are decent people especially if they’re older and been through the ups and downs of a program over the course of time. Some of your bandwagoners are aholes and the more successful a program is usually the more of those sub humans you have in the group.
Very true, and I would add that it's not just alumni who are usually decent it's really any fan whose loyalty is not transient, and are with their school through thick or thin, those types are usually decent for the reasons you state.

Wish he would have just cancelled his visit to us and committed to UGA. I am tired of getting the mercy visits.

BOT, not like you to be so negative. So we lose recruits to uga national champs, ohio state repeat playoff contenders and national champs several times last decade. We have long way to go to get back there. That's the reality

VN Store

Back