'19 GA ILB Trezmen Marshall

Not going to bother with the details, but all indications right now point to UGA. Here is a recent quote...around March 1st.

“My decision will come down to most likely Georgia and Alabama.” -- Trezmen Marshall

That was 5 weeks ago. Things change over time.

the 6-foot-1, 236-pound marshall, who's a former teammate of vols freshman defensive lineman john mincey, has made multiple-day visits to auburn and alabama within the past week. Marshall spent thursday through sunday at auburn, where he had visited two weeks earlier, before arriving at alabama on sunday afternoon and staying there until tuesday afternoon. "i'm going to tennessee tomorrow," marshall told south. "that's for my official."

in addition to being mincey's former teammate at clinch county, marshall is a friend of five-star linebacker owen pappoe, an auburn commitment from grayson high school in loganville, ga. Coming off his two-day stay at alabama this week, marshall told south that he's still willing to listen to other schools despite his commitment to the home-state bulldogs.

“i’m committed because i’ve been to georgia about 30 times,” marshall said. “if georgia is meant to be, i have no problem visiting these schools and still feeling the same way i feel about georgia. If i visit another school and feel more home there, that’s a school i need to go to.

“right now i don’t feel like i’m going to decommit, but you’ve got until that early enroll date," marshall said. "and if we build that friendship and it feels more like home there than georgia, i don’t care who’s mad or what — i have to do what’s best for me and go to that school.”

Reactions: 7 people
I agree with his sentiment. I wish more kids were this practical about it.
:lol: Lots are that way about their "commitment" -- I'm "committed" but I'm gonna shop around and I'll flip if I want to. I give him credit tho for at least being honest.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a lot easier to respect when you do it that way.
Yeah. Honesty that you could flip is better than blind siding the coaches. And vice versa. Some coaches take a commitment, but plan to recruit over him if they can. Imo, it's generally better to not commit or take a commitment if you're still shopping for something you like better. Also, most college coaches' policy is usually this: If you keep shopping, we'll keep shopping too.

Last edited:
Yeah. Honesty that you could flip is better than blind siding the coaches. And vice versa. Some coaches take a commitment, but plan to recruit over him if they can. Imo, it's generally better to not commit or take a commitment if you're still shopping for something you like better. Also, most college coaches' policy usually this: If you keep shopping, we'll keep shopping too.

Commitment is a tricky word these days.

Butch Jones took early commitments every year only to send some of this kids packing in the 11th hour.
He did this because they got a commitment from a better player....but it doesn't change they screwed the guy who was already there.

Commitment is a tricky word these days.

Butch Jones took early commitments every year only to send some of this kids packing in the 11th hour.
Yeah. Butch hurt his own recruiting efforts in several ways by doing that.

The obvious downside is that it strains relationships directly and indirectly with the HS coaching ranks out there.

Secondly, it's harder to land 4 & 5-star guys to join a class that's already half or more filled with 3-star guys.

It's better to keep recruiting your backup guys but not take their commitments and honestly keep them informed where they are on your board. That way your backup plans can work on their backup plans too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Afraid not lol. Although it does add to the drama. I prefer boring when it comes to recruiting. jmo
Me too.

Trezman Marshall breaks his silence, he's a Georgia Bulldog (Rivals, April 27)
"Oh yeah, I am with Georgia. I will take visits, but I will be at every home game at Georgia this season and I will be enrolling at Georgia in January. The Georgia coaches are cool. They are OK with me taking visits. They tell me that this is my life and that I should live it how I want to. They want me to enjoy recruiting, so I will, but I am committed to Georgia."

Not gonna get my hopes up, but could you imagine the kind of **** talking we could actually do if UT flips him from UGA?

Like I said, not counting on that. But it would be fantastic.

Georgia commitment Trezman Marshall has visited more schools since he committed than he did before it seems. Since giving Kirby Smart his pledge late in April, he has visited Auburn, Alabama, Florida State and now he is set to spend the weekend at Tennessee. His commitment appears to be shaky.

There is a lot of chatter about Auburn being a real threat to Georgia right now, so the Vols want to get him on campus and see what they can do. What we do know is Marshall is not 100 percent committed to Georgia and Tennessee is ready to make its pitch.

-Chad Simmons

The Wooing process schools have to do.

They showing me the most love /
Whoever gives me the most love.

Signed,
Recruits

VN Store

Back