'21 GA ILB Christopher Paul Jr

Stars matter in the aggregate, not individually. Every year, the teams with the most talent tend to rise to the top with a few outliers.

I’ve been reading this argument on this forum since CPF was on the sidelines. For both stars and coach evals, it’s easy to point to individual players and say “ha! The system is no good.”

And basically no one wins a National Championship without having a top 5 class, but ya, let's just completely write the stars off as bs...

Clemson won 2 of em, and has been to the title game 4 of the last 5 years, and the only year they didn't they still reached the CFP. 2020 is the first top 5 class they've had under Dabo.

Stars matter in the aggregate, not individually. Every year, the teams with the most talent tend to rise to the top with a few outliers.

I’ve been reading this argument on this forum since CPF was on the sidelines. For both stars and coach evals, it’s easy to point to individual players and say “ha! The system is no good.”
Annotation 2020-06-17 085932.png

I have to admit that teams like Alabama and Ohio State have consistently struggled with their 4 and 5 star recruits .......... I don't know why they don't start targeting 100% 3 star, below the radar, diamond in the
rough type and leave the four and five stars for everyone else.

BF

3 year lurker.
Amateur. Six-year lurker here. For some reason that 24 hour waiting period always made me not want to join. Glad I did.

As far as Paul goes, he’s gonna be a lunch pail kid who gets drafted in the late rounds and plays forever. Just got the genes and makeup to be a longtime star. I’d love to have the kid regardless of the rest of the class. He’s gonna be a player.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Amateur. Six-year lurker here. For some reason that 24 hour waiting period always made me not want to join. Glad I did.

As far as Paul goes, he’s gonna be a lunch pail kid who gets drafted in the late rounds and plays forever. Just got the genes and makeup to be a longtime star. I’d love to have the kid regardless of the rest of the class. He’s gonna be a player.
Sure thing

There’s been plenty of 5 & 4* players that hasn’t lived up to their ranking at the college level.

I agree that it’s more likely for a 5* to have a successful career but that doesn’t mean lower ranked players can’t become great college players.

Most recruiting services are nothing but biased cash grabbers that coaches pay to have their players look better than they actually are.

Reactions: GojiraVol17

VN Store

Back