'22 GA EDGE Darren Agu (Vandy commit)

VolQuest - Agu recaps visit working towards final decision (rivals.com)

This weekend Agu spend the weekend on Rocky Top and left impressed.
“I obviously expected a great culture from the coaches and a good vibe. I received one of those,” Abu said. “The more I learn about the coaching staff and what they have done in the past and what they have done at this program already, everything stood out. It feels amazing.
“What coach managed to do in his first season at Tennessee was pretty outstanding. The stuff I learned about coach Garner and his success definitely stood out to me since he would be my position coach. Everything was great. I loved the weekend.”
Agu wasn’t just impressed with the coaches.
“The player vibe here was was tremendous. It was similar to the vibe I have with my guys back home. It was a good experience.”
Tennessee’s first face to face interaction with Agu was last week when coach Rodney Garner and Mike Ekeler visited him at Rabun Gap Nacoochee boarding school in Georgia.
“Coach Ekeler was there and he has great energy. So I was expecting great energy from him on the visit,” Agu said. Coach Garner showed me a lot in the meeting room in how I would be utilized in his defense pretty much everything from rushing the passer to dropping into coverage.”
Agu said he will make a final decision after the visit and announce in front of his friends on signing day December 15th. As for the final deciding factor, Agu said it would center around a couple of things.
“The position coach I am going to have. His experience. What he’s going to be capable of doing with me. I want to go to a winning program,” Agu said.

Tennessee’s first face to face interaction with Agu was last week when coach Rodney Garner and Mike Ekeler visited him at Rabun Gap Nacoochee boarding school in Georgia.

Agu said he will make a final decision after the visit and announce in front of his friends on signing day December 15th. As for the final deciding factor, Agu said it would center around a couple of things.

The last part means Tennessee, not Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt is not a winning program. Vol

“The position coach I am going to have. His experience. What he’s going to be capable of doing with me. I want to go to a winning program,” Agu said.

Well, then… it’s a lock.

1638729885135.jpeg

VN Store

Back