'17 GA DT Aubrey Solomon (NCAA IS A FAIR ORGANIZATION)

Here's an article kinda about that article. Also someone posted an ESPN article above with some actual quotes from the Athletic article.

Tennessee football: Does Luke Fickell vs. Jim Harbaugh explain Aubrey Solomon’s status?

Edit: here's the athletic article if anyone has a sub. Good article.

'Coach called me a liar, Mom': Michigan, Cincinnati remain...
I just read the first one listed, and without actually saying it they gave the impression that Harbaugh is to blame,and the NCAA is ultimately to blame by giving former coaches too much say.

I thought Harbaugh made him play while he was hurt. Wouldn't that be a good reason to transfer?

Just saying all coaches are going to be salty about losing players.
You would think so why would the NCAA give them any say whatsoever? The press gave Saban a hard time about it a few years ago. He tried to defend himself by saying he was following the rules (that was SEC).

I just read the first one listed, and without actually saying it they gave the impression that Harbaugh is to blame,and the NCAA is ultimately to blame by giving former coaches too much say.
Pretty much. Basically they don't even have to contest it really. If the former school doesn't outright approve it then it makes it unlikely the NCAA will approve it.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You would think so why would the NCAA give them any say whatsoever? The press gave Saban a hard time about it a few years ago. He tried to defend himself by saying he was following the rules (that was SEC).
I am just speculating, but perhaps we built our case by saying a specific situation or conditions happened at Michigan, NCAA asked them about that, and M denied it. So that could bring their coach into it, hypothetically.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I got to say that Emerson working with the ones and Solomon being at the back of the line in drills suggests to me that the team got bad news.

Inference I'm drawing is that Harbaugh is likely doing whatever he can to stymie transfers but is trying to lay it all at NCAA feet because he knows this can hurt him on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Sleegro
I got to say that Emerson working with the ones and Solomon being at the back of the line in drills suggests to me that the team got bad news.
Add a AV sighting in the last 20 minutes in the Washington thread, and no comment here after he had something to say about it the other day... I am right there with you.

VN Store

Back