'19 GA DL Travon Walker

There is growing interest from this kid.....we are really in play here

swanson.gif

Call me a hater but I’m not putting a lot of stock in this bobby guy. I’d gladly eat my words if it comes to pass that he’s legit, but just seems like someone trolling.

Blame mit beaver for my thinking if need be.

Hahahahaha I was just kidding.

For real, apologies to @Bobbygvfl for doubting. Endorsement from @Atlanta VOL is more than good enough for me.

Keep in mind, visits aren’t always to show interest. Sometimes coaches send players to other campuses for various reasons, to hear back what their pitch is, to see what they are saying to negatively recruit your school, and most importantly to watch other recruits(or commits), basically to keep an eye on them.

Exhibit A: does anyone think or fear Wayna flipping to Ga, or do you think he was there to keep an eye on Pappoe?

Every (smart) recruiting staff does this, including Bama and Pruitt. Of course the prospect will tell that school they are interested in order to gain the invite. Richt would send Trenton Thompson if any Ga recruit was visiting another school. Who tells the #1 recruit no? I’m not saying any particular recruit (just chose this thread randomly ftr) but don’t believe everything a recruit says. Pruitt knows this if anyone does.

Welp sending kids to Tennessee to get our pitch is a waste of time. There is a HELP WANTED sign in Knoxville for every everyone to see. 😂😂😂
I’m always leery of recruits that only seek out the path of least resistance. That tells me they are unwilling to compete. Not saying you shouldn’t look at depth charts, but that shouldn’t be the ONLY reason you pick a school. If it is, you won’t last, you will face still competition across the LOS, what then? Do you quit?

Not thinking any UT commits fit this bill now (some in the past might have) but any that might think this way will be disappointed. They will be recruited over as the next two Pruitt classes no doubt will be better than this one. These kids see present charts, don’t think of future ones. If you are going to play big ball, you have to compete.

Nobody said a favorable depth chart is the ONLY reason UT is gaining traction with recruits right now, both committed to competing programs and uncommitted players. It is something good to sell, but so are facilities, a top-tier program, coaching staff, and trajectory of the program itself. Everyone has players transfer out each and every year for various reasons. But like you said, these kids see current depth charts and UT's can give us an advantage in the living rooms between now and February.

VN Store

Back