SDE
6'5'' | 261 LBS
CLASS OF 2019

Rivals.com

Justin Eboigbe, Forest Park, Strong-Side Defensive End

Justin Eboigbe - Hudl

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: feathersax
Last week was a huge week for Justin Eboigbe. The 6-foot-5, 261 pound junior defensive end out of Forest Park (Ga.) entered the week with offers from FAU, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi State and Wake Forest. Impressive, right?

This is even more impressive. On Tuesday last week is when it started. South Carolina offered. On Saturday night, Florida capped off a huge week for Eboigbe with an offer. Auburn, Cincinnati, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Tennessee offered in between the Gamecocks and the Gators.

"It feels great to be getting these offers," said Eboigbe. "I am getting recognized and the attention that I have worked so hard for. I have always put work in, so it feels great with it being recognized right now. "I would be lying if I said I expected this. I have worked for this, but to have six SEC offers, it is very surprising to me. It is just a great feeling."

"I have family just outside of Opelika (Ala.) and that is very close to Auburn, so I grew up liking them a lot," said Eboigbe. "I have some family that are Auburn fans and right around the time I started liking football, Cam Newton was a star there and I started to watch them a lot. "So getting an offer from them was a great feeling and they want me to visit soon. I have been watching their defensive linemen go to the NFL and be successful. Guys like Carl Lawson and Montravius Adams have done well and that is something I like about them."

When asked about Tennessee, Eboigbe brought up Reggie White, and he said the former Vol is the greatest defensive end ever.

Others will definitely get their shot to impress Eboigbe on campus in the coming weeks, but the in-state school has set the bar high. "Georgia is my top school to some degree now," said Eboigbe. "I like them a lot and my time with the coaches there really was great. I was able to see the campus, learn about the academics, get the tour of the facilities and Georgia is high on my list, but I still want to see the other schools."

- Chad Simmons, Rivals

Reactions: feathersax
He looks like he's a 38 years old NFL veteran at the end of his career.

No way he's only 17 years old and heading into his senior year of high school.

Reactions: 2 people
If Pruitt can somehow land this stud it would set the tone for other 2019 defensive recruits. However, it is going to be tough stealing him from Kang Kirby. Seems like whichever recruit the Kang wants, the Kang gets. Gonna take some time to change this.

Gif sent to me from my buddy in GA. Kinda funny when there's truth to it.

g2mH0EMnfWnCrwzZSlNXiQCa2pi0Of.gif

Last edited:
If Pruitt can somehow land this stud it would set the tone for other 2019 defensive recruits. However, it is going to be tough stealing him from Kang Kirby. Seems like whichever recruit the Kang wants, the Kang gets. Gonna take some time to change this.

Gif sent to me from my buddy in GA. Kinda funny when there's truth to it.

g2mH0EMnfWnCrwzZSlNXiQCa2pi0Of.gif

Stubby will take a step back this year. I think a lot of people are underestimating the leadership of two once a decade type rb’s that are gone and some good senior leadership on the defensive side that is also gone.

Reactions: MikeVol44
IN HIS OWN WORDS: "It was somewhat tough to get down to five schools, but I can only go to one school, so I am down to the five that have been on my mind the most," said Eboigbe. "My final five schools are Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia and Tennessee. I will commit to one of those schools when I make my decision."

ALABAMA: "It is the prestige of the university that stands out. It is a great feeling on campus. I like coach Kul (Craig Kuligowski, defensive line) and coach [Tosh) Lupoi a lot and they both think I really fit into the scheme there. Coach Nick Saban's track record speaks for itself and they get better there every day. The precedent has been set there."

AUBURN: "I am really liking coach [Rodney] Garner and the way he is coaching and producing defensive linemen. He has a great defensive line now at Auburn and he put a lot of good ones in the NFL when he was at Georgia too. I watched him during spring practice and he really gives each player a lot of attention and I liked that."

CLEMSON: "When I was there for my visit, it was a great feel. I was there for the first spring practice and I liked it a lot. I have gotten to know coach [Todd] Bates and I talk to coach [Brent] Venables and coach Dabo Swinney pretty well too. I like how I fit into the scheme there and I think coach Bates can develop me. Their defense has been one of the best in the nation the last few years, so they are doing good things there."

GEORGIA: "I think the coaching staff at Georgia is great. I have gotten really close with coach [Tray] Scott and we have been in contact a lot. He is a younger coach who can relate to me and I really feel he could develop me as a player. I feel Kirby Smart is bringing Georgia back. They have been blowing it up over the past year."

TENNESSEE: "With Tennessee, it is about development. Coach [Tracy] Rocker has a great track record and he actually started recruiting me when he was at Georgia. He was one of the first coaches to come by the school to see me and he really knows how to coach defensive linemen. He really knows how to make his players the best they can be and I like that."

- Rivals

Justin Eboigbe is going to hit the road for some unofficial visits this summer. The 6-foot-5, 261 pound defensive end out of Forest Park (Ga.) is going to visit Florida first on June 2.

He then plans to return Auburn and Tennessee as well. A new school that has his attention is NC State. Eboigbe plans to visit Raleigh for the first time this summer.

He said a trip back to Athens to visit Georgia could happen as well.

Auburn is working hard to get the four-star on their campus June 2 for Big Cat Weekend, but Eboigbe said he will be in Gainesville for his first visit to the Swamp.

-Chad Simmons

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back