'24 GA DL Jeremias Heard (Tennessee commit)

I put him as an OT in the commitment thread. I hope he ends up there. And I hope he’s good with redshirting his first year and just grinds. It’ll probably be a good 2-3 years before he’s ready to contribute but if he’s patient, the payoff should be worth it.

Congrats, I really thought for a minute there, we were going to make it through without someone making this post.

Should have known better..

But is this the type of player that will beat UGA? You’re dodging the question.

I don't agree with him, but it is a fair question to ask.
It's a stupid question. Are we supposed to believe that it's even a possibility our coaches look at a prospect like 'welp, he's not gonna help us beat team x, but he's good enough for us'?

The originator is that question is either dim, or a troll. Either way is fine with me, but let's not pretend it's a legit question. Lol.

But is this the type of player that will beat UGA? You’re dodging the question.
Is it "dodging" a question when the question is ridiculous, as in asking us to predict the future?

If you want to make the case that he *isn't* the type of player to beat GA, then go ahead and do so; and the burden will be on you to do so.

If you don't want to make the argument, then sit down and stop being arrogant enough to insinuate that we have some responsibility to make an even stupider argument than the one you refuse to make.

I don't agree with him, but it is a fair question to ask.
No. It's not. It's asking for future predictions, and I highly suspect the underlying reasoning of the poster to assume he's "not" the type of player that can beat UGA is that he's a 3 star. Which is ignorant, and inferring that UGA can only be beaten by teams with all 4-5 star players.

It's only a worthy discussion if the one asking the question didn't start with an asinine and loaded question, and instead began the discussion with a detailed scouting report of why the player is:

1. Untalented enough to be incapable of contributing at the level needed, and
  2. Incapable of being coached up by the staff, or
  3. Of obviously such differing skillset, as to be incapable of contributing in this staff's schemes.

But it isn’t. Nobody knows the future
That's not even the point. We don't recruit, much less take commitments from, prospects that they don't believe have the opportunity to make us better.

We have 85 scholarship players. Every one of them is brought here with the intention of making us better. Could be improving depth, developmental players or all sec caliber types.

The notion of the question being asked is designed to do one thing. Incite.

I have no doubt the coaches think he will help us and I will take their track record over folks questioning the pickup. I think this will prove to be a very solid pickup at the least. Maybe not day 1 or year 1 impact but becoming a very good player. GBO!

I have no doubt the coaches think he will help us and I will take their track record over folks questioning the pickup. I think this will prove to be a very solid pickup at the least. Maybe not day 1 or year 1 impact but becoming a very good player. GBO!
Yup. He's a developmental guy. And nobody has hidden that in any write up I've seen on him. 'Very raw' I've seen more than once. So we'll see Ina year or two.

Imagine how huge and imposing this guy will be, after the exercise and eating regiment our staff will have the guy on...And he wants to be here, yet some complain.
CMTD_VolsWire.png

VN Store

Back