'19 GA DE Nolan Smith

Butch Jones's buyout is offset by whatever he is making a his other job. Right now we pay him $35,000 less than he made before he became an an intern at Bama. If he took another head coaching job at say ECU and made $1,000,000 then his buyout from UT would be $1,000,000/year less than it was the year before.
If you're Jones and you can make two million a year or whatever it is as an intern or take on a million responsibilities working 80 hours a week, still making the same amount of money, while screwing over the boss that fired you less, what are you doing? All that to say, I'd be surprised to see him taking a smaller head coaching gig, but who knows what goes through his head

If your Jones and you can make two million a year or whatever it is as an intern or take on a million responsibilities working 80 hours a week, still making the same amount of money, while screwing over the boss that fired you less, what are you doing?
It depends on what he wants for his long term future. The farther he gets away from actual coaching, the harder it is to get back. If he's not taking jobs just to screw over Tennessee, then he's really not concerned about his job. Also, his agent may not be appreciative I he's bringing him opportunities to have a real coaching job and he's not taking them serious. I'm sure the $3k he's making off butchs internship isn't really stimulating the work. Also, if the perception is that he's doing that is out there then other schools will know it and be reluctant to hire him.

Reactions: KeepinUpWithJones
He has been committed to UGA all yr. people are getting their hopes up. It would be amazing but I highly doubt we beat the two teams playkng tonight for him
Our coaches don't have this attitude. I'm glad they're working as hard as they are to get the best class they can. And as Pruitt said you don't worry about the one you don't get but worry about the ones you do. So fans choose to be optimistic or pessimistic and either is okay.

Our coaches don't have this attitude. I'm glad they're working as hard as they are to get the best class they can. And as Pruitt said you don't worry about the one you don't get but worry about the ones you do. So fans choose to be optimistic or pessimistic and either is okay.
Thank god they do not. Lot of negative Nellies around here. If you really want motivation go to the FF. That place should be shut down for mass suicide over there.

He has been committed to UGA all yr. people are getting their hopes up. It would be amazing but I highly doubt we beat the two teams playkng tonight for him
Wasn't really my point. I just doubt 1/2 half of a game will change a kid's mind as to where he is going to college the next 4 years.

Thank god they do not. Lot of negative Nellies around here. If you really want motivation go to the FF. That place should be shut down for mass suicide over there.

Its because so many people are getting their hopes up that TN will actually make a great hire.

Reactions: Catbone

VN Store

Back