'19 GA DB Kenyatta Watson II

Yep...we were never in play for him. And for sure he was not coming in this weekend not sure where that rumor got started. Kid wants to be a good distance from home...and that wasn’t going to change.

If we weren’t in play last time, would we be now?

Idk what the whole story was on his recruitment. I just read a few pages back to try and refresh my memory and came across this.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
If we weren’t in play last time, would we be now?

Idk what the whole story was on his recruitment. I just read a few pages back to try and refresh my memory and came across this.
If my memory serves me right:

We had little traction early on. He is good friends with Wanya and Pappoe. Wanya commits. Pappoe commits to AU. He commits to Texas. All on the same day.

At one point, we were going to flip Pappoe and Watson would come along with his boys. Both come to UT on visits. Then out of nowhere, AU drops the bag and Pappoe sticks with AU. We get scarred Wanya will flip to AU (doesn’t happen). Watson sticks with Texas.

Dad was very much engrained into Georgia high school recruiting. Some speculation he was using his son to leverage a coaching job. Lots of drama around the dad.

Come on home, Watson. Go ahead and convince Pappoe to come too. Sit out the rest of this year and let’s win a championship in 2021.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
May not have been in play back then but that doesn’t mean anything now. IMO coming here makes more sense than anything else.. maybe AU.

Maybe because he came to his senses and realizes he’ll never make it to the NFL playing for big 12 coaches as a defensive player?

Just a thought
If the coaches think he's going to be good I'm all for it. He is receiving the same coaching as his other teammates, but his coaches still chose to put other players who aren't good on the field.

This ain’t high school. Don’t think dads hang around the fence at the practice field and donate cash to the booster club for favors
His dad is a special breed. It is certainly a variable in the equation. Doesn't mean you turn him away because of that alone. But as I say, it is a variable.

Wrong or not, I did thoroughly enjoy their analysis of our program.
Always a jackass in those threads. Dude was arguing, I think, that because JG didn't throw for as much in our two games than Ehlinger did against UTEP and TX Tech that Pruitt can't develop talent when one person said Pruitt can develop DBs.

VN Store

Back