'19 GA DB Kenyatta Watson II

@BamSeydu I would recommend either ignoring this thread or getting some thick skin quick, because the insider carnivores are smelling blood from the slight crawfish in your last comment and they will come in droves to feed on their own.

Some of us remember the last attempt for his insider status. It crashed and burned, just like this attempt will. When you see them telling a bigger story than necessary, and arguing that they're right all the time... Safe to say they are slinging crap on the wall to see what sticks.

I don't disagree. I remember fluff story in the Nashville paper right after the NC game. Vicki said that she told her husband that he might as well retire now because he will never be able to beat the accomplishment that he already had. It really did seem that he started approaching his job with that attitude at that point. it was amazing to me that he seem to be unaware that there was any kind of unease among the fan base about how poorly things were going. He had already accomplished and unbeaten season which had never been done in the history of the program and I think he was just willing to live off the riches that he achieved from that one season for the rest of his life.

Um , not really.
Not only have we gone undefeated in a season, we’ve been un-scored on (zero points).
I don’t care what era it occurred, it is part of the history of this cherished program, and will forever be apart of our great accomplishments.
Unbeaten , and un-scored upon!

You Fulmer hatters have it all wrong, nothing specific, just all of it from what I know of the man, ........ just polar opposites of reality.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
@BamSeydu I would recommend either ignoring this thread or getting some thick skin quick, because the insider carnivores are smelling blood from the slight crawfish in your last comment and they will come in droves to feed on their own.

Dude...this is not Bam’s first attempt at getting insider cred on this board...don’t fall for his schtick...it was BS last time it is BS this time

Um , not really.
Not only have we gone undefeated in a season, we’ve been un-scored on (zero points).
I don’t care what era it occurred, it is part of the history of this cherished program, and will forever be apart of our great accomplishments.

You Fulmer hatters have it all wrong, nothing specific, just all of it from what I know of the man, .

Um , not really.

You Fulmer hatters have it all wrong, nothing specific, just all of it from what I know of the man, ........ just polar opposites of reality.
Dude no offense but you can't tell me he didn't underachieve in the early 2000's, a lot of this was due to some bad assistant hires, the other was he got somewhat apathetic, after winning a title he thought he had reached the mountain top and it was time to rest rather than trying to repeat that feeling over and over like Saban has, the SEC East was ripe for the taking in the early 2000's after Spurrier left, he didn't seize the moment

Um , not really.

The 1939 Vols did not go unbeaten nor unscored upon. They lost in the Rose Bowl to Southern Cal by a score of 14 to 0. Don't worry, I'm not going to blame Fulmer for that.

I think the "Hatters" have been much more specific in their criticism of Fulmer then you have been in his defense

Last edited:
I promise you there were OCs succeeding that we could afford that he did not choose.

In your example, you bought a car that failed to take you to work. It wasn't failure from lack of attainable choices, it was failure via the wrong choice.
It's a failure my alarm clock because it didn't wake me up

The 1939 Vols did not go unbeaten nor unscored upon. They lost in the Rose Bowl to Southern Cal by a score of 14 to 0. Don't worry, I'm not going to blame Fulmer for that.

I think the "Hatters" have been much more specific in their criticism of Fulmer then you have been in his defense

Don't bring up the hatters... they'll form an impromptu tea party and everything's downhill from there :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

I just don’t think he wants to play here. His fam likes Knoxville a lot.

The family I was referring to was dad. Liking Knoxville is one thing. Wanting him to play for a 5-7 rebuilding program versus Texas who is 2-3 years ahead of our rebuild is the difference. Kenyatta was at least entertaining the flip a few weeks back when VQ staff was at Grayson. They had all 3 kids doing a commitment session but apparently that was just in case Kenyatta leaned harder. That’s right when Pappoe’s flip became apparent as well.

The family I was referring to was dad. Liking Knoxville is one thing. Wanting him to play for a 5-7 rebuilding program versus Texas who is 2-3 years ahead of our rebuild is the difference. Kenyatta was at least entertaining the flip a few weeks back when VQ staff was at Grayson. They had all 3 kids doing a commitment session but apparently that was just in case Kenyatta leaned harder. That’s right when Pappoe’s flip became apparent as well.
So jammie it is?

Yep, I talk to dad about once a week. I was referring to their feelings about Pruitt, Sherrer, and Fair. Family likes the staff a lot. In fact, it was dad that told me, apropos of nothing, that Jr was considering a flip. Parents aren’t the issue here. Junior just isn’t feeling it.

Yep, I talk to dad about once a week. I was referring to their feelings about Pruitt, Sherrer, and Fair. Family likes the staff a lot. In fact, it was dad that told me, apropos of nothing, that Jr was considering a flip. Parents aren’t the issue here. Junior just isn’t feeling it.
Austin is a nice place. The Hill Country is the only part of Texas in which I would even consider living anymore.

I'd live on Padre Island...or Big Bend. That's it.
The main thing that I remember about Padre Island is the occasional tide of millions of Portuguese man-of-war that washes up on the beach. Also the main thing that makes Padre Island a great Beach is that nobody lives on it ( unless you're talking about South Padre Island). It would be a little hard to live in the Big Bend

Last edited:
I'd live on Padre Island...or Big Bend. That's it.

Lived in the Big Bend area for several years...it was neat, in a remote, wild way. I was grateful to be able to come back east and see green grass and large trees!

Reactions: bignewt
The main thing that I remember about Padre Island is the occasional tide of millions of Portuguese man-of-war that washes up on the beach. It would be a little hard to live in the Big Bend

I would live in Alpine, that is a cool little town just north of Big Bend. I camped on Padre a lot, never say any man-o-wars.

I love Alpine and the west in general..I miss west Texas. If I can someday, I want to move back west, probably Arizona, before I die.
A desert atmosphere is much more comfortable to me. I was born in Colorado but then move to the sticky part of Texas where I spent most formative years. I think the Montana mountains would be fun.

VN Store

Back