'19 GA CB Warren Burrell (Tennessee signee)

ydr4vzu9mutp0wnagdzt

giphy.gif

Rusty Mansell, a Georgia-based recruiting analyst for 247Sports, said he has “no concerns at all” about the three-star cornerback from North Gwinnett High School in Suwanee, Ga. – who announced his commitment to Tennessee on Friday – and Burrell “checks every box for me.”

“I think the thing about him is just confidence,” Mansell said of Burrell, who’s ranked the No. 481 overall prospect and No. 44 cornerback in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class. “I mean, he’s a very confident player.

“Even on Cam Newton’s 7-on-7 team, they would match him up with whoever (was) the best wide receiver on the other team. Talking to the North Gwinnett coaches, who obviously are one of the best staffs in the state, they told me early on that he was very, very good – practiced hard, very coachable.

“He’s got the length. I think the only thing you can question right now is, how much weight will he be able to gain? But I have no concerns at all. He can continue to get bigger. “But, as far as length, he’s got a long wingspan. He’s tall enough. He’s long enough. He seems to be fast enough. I mean, he checks every box for me.”

The 6-foot, 170-pound Burrell chose Tennessee over Florida and N.C. State after taking official visits to all three schools last month. Mansell, who has seen Burrell play in person during multiple high school games, 7-on-7 events and camps, said there’s plenty to like about Burrell going into his senior season at North Gwinnett. And while Burrell still might need to add some weight to his long, lean frame, Mansell said that shouldn’t stop him from competing for early playing time in the Vols’ secondary.

Doesn't sound like a 3 star player to me. Bump soon on 247 I'm betting.

Reactions: 13 people
I think this is great timing to have him announce and have some of the other commits at the BBQ with his boy Jaylen McCollough seeing how he's treated and the hype.

I think this is great timing to have him announce and have some of the other commits at the BBQ with his boy Jaylen McCollough seeing how he's treated and the hype.

Bold prediction: We'll be in the top 5 after this weekend.

It's been 40 minutes and the mods still haven't changed the thread name... This is why Sarge isn't a mod

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back