'20 GA CB Tommy Wright (App State commit)

i get what y'all are saying. ive followed recruiting for a while. we have an opportunity to close a strong class; and take a big step next year.

ultimately my star based belly aching makes no difference, but, it is ... concerning inability of bit time recruiters to close with some of high value skill targets. (hyatt was a good get). bottom line i hope we can close come one or two big name skill guys on offense to close it out.

maybe they will find a JUCO.
I understand your concern. Just remember, this coaching staff is still having to battle the perception of the fact that UT has not been relevant in 12+ years. These kids weren't even born when we won the NC. We have been way down for most of their lives and it takes amazing selling job to get them to see the improvement and that we are moving back up to the top. If we win out, especially win a bowl game, we will catch the eyes of a few high level recruits.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ well.
... You should really at least look at the first couple hudl highlights before you start in on how we're "battling for App State for recruits"... kid looks legit, fast, makes plays... nothing to not like here... and it's not like he's far off from a 4* even with his "ratings" how they are... the ratings guys will catch up to our staff eventually :cool:

Yes, please... IMO

recruiting would be much better if they hadn't blown the 1st 2 games. that being said, trust the coaches

Reactions: vol72
Just say NO. The program and rebuild is too fragile right now to lose a recruiting battle with App State....😉

And now I actually watched his vids.
This kids $.
Ruggs gave Warrior a 12 yard lead and caught him before the fifty.
This kid may be able to spot him 25...😬

Why can we not land elite skill guys?

We're in competition with App State?!

App State is a conference champion and NOW a top 25 football team. They've been winners for years. Almost kicked our butts in Neyland against one of our better teams in recent memory.

Reactions: Cheese Vol
App State is a conference champion and NOW a top 25 football team. They've been winners for years. Almost kicked our butts in Neyland against one of our better teams in recent memory.

It’s amazing that people still have no idea how good of a program app st is. If there is a school that finds sleepers it’s that one

Ever heard of DJ Williams? Was committed to app state last year. Ended up a battle between Alabama, auburn, and Georgia to get him. He’s been very good for AU this year. Trust the coaches. Not some fatso at 247 that isn’t watching full game tape

Wow! What a post!

Could be a smart kid. Had an offer from West Point. I’m little biased on the fact that graduating from a service academy could be a game changer on your trajectory in life. But of course could be limiting if your goal is to play on Sundays, although some have done that and still attended one of the Academies.

Reactions: AkAFluke
One of our better teams in years? It was a team that got a coach fired.

One of our better teams in years? It was a team that got a coach fired.
I think what he put out on the field the following season got him fired...since it happened to be the same year. 2016 season was disappointing, but beating Florida and pulling off the DobbNail Boot doesn’t get you fired.

I think what he put out on the field the following season got him fired...since it happened to be the same year. 2016 season was disappointing, but beating Florida and pulling off the DobbNail Boot doesn’t get you fired.
Yeah, my bad. I'm getting old so my years got mixed up. One thing is, the app State game who's where I made my decision that which was not going to be the long-term solution and indicated that it was just really really bad coached team. I still can't consider that one of our better teams in recent years. We did have a lot of Dobbs induced miracles.

VN Store

Back