'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

When I asked details on AV a couple of years ago, I was given a lengthy list of players he got right. Been trying to find details recently
when he has got it wrong but no one has responded. So I will ask a third time now. From what I see he has done a pretty good job of getting things right. He correctly predicted missing out on Mims the night before.

He has called so much, not going back thru all of it...off top of head...and All of this was before before vq/247 had it.

Q Crouch
Joseph Anderson - which was confirmed he told staff he was coming then signed with sce
Walter Nolan recent visit - even when vq said he wasnt coming then a few hours later confirmed he was coming
Helped ashlees dad with game stuff
Took pics with Peyton at golf thing he did w Tiger, Phil, and tb12

He has got stuff wrong but that can be expected. If you don’t wanna listen to him, that’s fine, don’t ruin it for the rest of us. He truly is connected

I’m 37 and change my mind all the time about dinner plans and weekend activities - much less life altering decisions. You tell me you expect 18 year olds to SM make their mind up and then never change it?!?!

He has called so much, not going back thru all of it...off top of head...and All of this was before before vq/247 had it.

Q Crouch
Joseph Anderson - which was confirmed he told staff he was coming then signed with sce
Walter Nolan recent visit - even when vq said he wasnt coming then a few hours later confirmed he was coming

He has got stuff wrong but that can be expected. If you don’t wanna listen to him, that’s fine, don’t ruin it for the rest of us. He truly is connected

I’m 37 and change my mind all the time about dinner plans and weekend activities - much less life altering decisions. You tell me you expect 18 year olds to SM make their mind up and then never change it?!?!
I think you misunderstood my post. I believe AV is getting things right. I have responded to people hating AV to tell me times he is getting things wrong. None of them have replied.

Reactions: SlappyVol

Q Crouch

can we sticky this so people can stop thinking they have to do this in every thread?

Hope we can get an elite DB in next years class. After BT/AT leave, we are screwed. Even though those two haven’t been great this year.

I think if a recruit changes his mind based on the recent losses, it's probably not so much about the scoreboard, but about the gameplay. Stubborn adherence to a QB who continues to make the same costly mistakes and a defense that doesn't seem to be consistently organized come to mind.

When I asked details on AV a couple of years ago, I was given a lengthy list of players he got right. Been trying to find details recently
when he has got it wrong but no one has responded. So I will ask a third time now. From what I see he has done a pretty good job of getting things right. He correctly predicted missing out on Mims the night before.
I mean basically every paysite guy and their brother was saying Mims to UGA at that point. The only difference between AV and other fake message board insiders I have seen over the last 25 years is that AV has gotten some people tickets, etc., which gives him this super loyal following. That shows that he is a first rate philanthropist, which is something I don't dispute but the fact remains that his recruiting info is nothing special. He generally gives the sunny/popular outlook and then when it gets down to commitment time he either disappears or brings info over here from paysites. Whatever though, it's just humorous to me at this point how I can be reading a thread and no one has even mentioned the guy and then all these preemptive spontaneous defenses of him pop up.

I mean basically every paysite guy and their brother was saying Mims to UGA at that point. The only difference between AV and other fake message board insiders I have seen over the last 25 years is that AV has gotten some people tickets, etc., which gives him this super loyal following. That shows that he is a first rate philanthropist, which is something I don't dispute but the fact remains that his recruiting info is nothing special. He generally gives the sunny/popular outlook and then when it gets down to commitment time he either disappears or brings info over here from paysites. Whatever though, it's just humorous to me at this point how I can be reading a thread and no one has even mentioned the guy and then all these preemptive spontaneous defenses of him pop up.

You’re literally obsessed.

Is he? Recruiting rankings really aren't that different.

Dig deeper.

2010- 27 commits 88.45 avg player rating
2011- 27 commits 88.44 avg player rating
2012- 22 commits 88.47 avg player rating

2013- 23 commits 85.86 avg player rating
2014- 32 commits 89.50 avg player rating
2015- 30 commits 89.48 avg player rating
2016- 23 commits 89.12 avg player rating
2017- 28 commits 87.24 avg player rating

2018- 22 commits 87.57 avg player rating
2019- 22 commits 90.46 avg player rating
2020- 23 commits 89.91 avg player rating

Pruitt has brought in better players. It should also be noted that Pruitt has to deal with the 25 player cap.

Yep. As bad as we don't want to lose some of these commits, if getting rid of Pruitt is the end result, then let's do the inevitiable immediately.
I’m prepared. Can’t remember the last upcoming offseason so devoid of hope with a retained coach. Pruitt’s first at least had the Auburn and Kentucky wins as positives. This is pending the results of Vandy, A&M and Florida...just being prepared.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
So none of AV’s information is 1st hand from his specific sources and everything is coming directly from him is easily seen on recruiting pay sites. Gotcha. Hope you are wrong but I’ll let other VN members respond now. BTW. Have you and AV ever discussed these opinions directly here? It would be an interesting read that day.

So none of AV’s information is 1st hand from his specific sources and everything is coming directly from him is easily seen on recruiting pay sites. Gotcha. Hope you are wrong but I’ll let other VN members respond now. BTW. Have you and AV ever discussed these opinions directly here? It would be an interesting read that day.
AV? Nah, but, you should read some of the correspondence with RavenVAVol. Dude is the oracle of all things Vol. Delphi couldn't hold a candle to this soothsayer.

Yeah, on the Darnell Washington thread last year but it got banished to the off topic forums. If you are really interested in this go look at AV's post history, it'll tell the tale better than I can. He vouched for MIT Beaver, he said 65-70 percent Gruden was coming here, he doesn't know anything. 90% of the time his "obsessed" skeptics like myself aren't even who brings this subject up, it's people who feel the need to launch into defenses of him when no one has said anything. That's the really unique aspect of the phenomenon.

Yeah, on the Darnell Washington thread last year but it got banished to the off topic forums. If you are really interested in this go look at AV's post history, it'll tell the tale better than I can. He vouched for MIT Beaver, he said 65-70 percent Gruden was coming here, he doesn't know anything. 90% of the time his "obsessed" skeptics like myself aren't even who brings this subject up, it's people who feel the need to launch into defenses of him when no one has said anything. That's the really unique aspect of the phenomenon.

4BDE5D9C-53F1-44F9-887B-59FBC69171C7.gif

Also, I said a couple of weeks ago that even though I am skeptical of AV's info, that I wouldn't hold this year's prior prognostications against anyone considering how the season has played out. So I'm not piling on about anything this fall, these losses to Kentucky, Arkansas and Auburn are an insider projection get out of jail free card as far as I am concerned.

Dig deeper.

Pruitt has brought in better players. It should also be noted that Pruitt has to deal with the 25 player cap.
Is that 247 composite?

Dig deeper.

So the case that's being made is he's marginally better with worse results? I know you're not carrying water for Pruitt but you and I both know an ace recruiter when we see one. He's pretty close to par with Jones.

I said there wasn't much difference, the ratings you provided back that up.

Last edited:
AV is legit. His main issue is just being too eager to bring us positive news. If he waited until right before a kid committed, then his batting average would be pretty high. Telling us we're in a good spot with Mims or Mondon well before they're ready to commit probably isn't a good idea...for example. When it comes to claiming someone is a lock, sticking to a one week rule might be a good idea...don't claim a recruit is a lock unless he's a silent and we're one week or less from a commitment. Just my thoughts. He gets too much flack from some, but he opened the door for it to happen.

Reactions: yabo and cncchris33

VN Store

Back