'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

Kid sounds incredible. I asked my Bama buddy what he thought of Pruitt when he was hired. My friend said that their secondary was better with Pruitt than any other coordinator. Every elite defensive back should have Tennessee near the top because they will not receive better coaching anywhere else. When it comes to teaching defensive backs, the only college coach who should be mentioned along with Pruitt and Ansley is Saban.

Georgia-Tennessee game may have huge ramifications in recruiting

Green could be closing in on a college decision as well. Clemson had the momentum early but it looks to be with the Bulldogs and Vols at this point in the process.

"I can’t wait to watch two good teams battle it out," Green said.

“I think it’s pretty big,” Covington (Ga.) Newton assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Josh Skelton said. “I don’t know if it’s a deal breaker for him. The thing he looks at, he’s looking at the defense, the chemistry of the team and all those things. He’s excited as a fan and of course he knows the staffs and players on the team. He’s going to be locked into the game. Talking to him I don’t know if this game is a deal breaker but obviously being two teams in the forefront for him it will have somewhat of an impact where he goes to school. I don’t know if it’s a deal breaker but seeing these guys head to head will be huge in this recruitment. The winner and how they win, coming out of this game could possibly have an edge in his recruitment.”

In my opinion this is a huge opportunity for Jeremy Pruitt and his Vols program to make a statement in the Peach State. Skelton agrees.

“I would say it’s bigger for Tennessee,” Skelton said. “Obviously (Nyland) he’s been to both as far as games, he’s equal relationship wise with both staffs, but obviously Tennessee having the momentum they’ve had in the second half of last season and winning the number of games in a row they have, it’s probably more pressure for them and Nyland wants to see how they respond to a team like Georgia coming off a big win against Missouri. It’s going to be bigger for Tennessee than Georgia.”

Seems like Georgia is taking the place of Florida in the biggest rival in the east. Growing up in the 90s it was always Florida

Reactions: igotworms

VN Store

Back