'21 GA ATH Tray Curry

We didn’t accept his commitment. Obviously Pruitt and co aren’t high on him and I agree with him. Good player but we have better players committed so he’s not a take right now
They might still be high on him. But they have to look at the whole roster. Think we’re taking another QB?

Reactions: 10nacvols
Nothing to kid. He is better.
But maybe they want all the guys they have and are satisfied and he's an extra bonus at this point.

So you're assuming our coaches are dumbasses then? Got it. If he's better they would take him over someone already committed. End of story.

Reactions: tatervol
Bradley Central athlete Trey Curry tried to commit to Tennessee last weekend, but he just wasn’t a take at this time. Curry has some work to do outside of football and quite frankly was a casualty of the lack of summer camps. Had the Vols been able to work him out this month then things may have played out differently. They will continue to evaluate him this fall. Depending on how Curry now views the Vols after last weekend’s lack of a decision, then we could still see him ending up in this class.
-VQ.

yeah, i wondered how that played out in the Curry house?

was it an "oops my bad" or "WTH?".....

unless he has a really great sr. season, which is obviously possible, i'm not convinced he makes the cut?

yeah, i wondered how that played out in the Curry house?

was it an "oops my bad" or "WTH?".....

unless he has a really great sr. season, which is obviously possible, i'm not convinced he makes the cut?
He wont be in this class.

Respect so many of the poster who don't think Curry is a take. I disagree, he is a very good player from what I have seen. This also brings back the whole committable offer bull s..t . If at any point a team will not honor a committment it should be withdrawn.

Respect so many of the poster who don't think Curry is a take. I disagree, he is a very good player from what I have seen. This also brings back the whole committable offer bull s..t . If at any point a team will not honor a committment it should be withdrawn.
what's the alternative? offer 25 guys, demand a committment and if they say "no, not right now, gonna look around some more", you pull it and offer the next guy on the board, and do the same?

feels like that wouldn't work to well. but that's just me.

I’m sorry we hurt you so bad, Mr. Curry

Reactions: VOLSONLY
what's the alternative? offer 25 guys, demand a committment and if they say "no, not right now, gonna look around some more", you pull it and offer the next guy on the board, and do the same?

feels like that wouldn't work too well. but that's just me.
No...not just you. Every successful program agrees.

feels like that wouldn't work to well. but that's just me.
Never said anything close to that. I said once you are full or nearly so and have become very picky the right thing to do is withdraw the offer.

Never said anything close to that. I said once you are full or nearly so and have become very picky the right thing to do is withdraw the offer.
But what if you lose half of those commitments before signing day? Your technically not full until you have 25 signatures (or however many you have found a way to sign).

You are one of the few whose post I find spot on. But if everyone lies or steals or cheats that makes it ok?
No...and I’d add murder, pedophilia and animal cruelty off my short list. None of which equates to building a roster and maintaining a standard. You only offer your top 25 and start over when you get “no”s and you’re not doing the job you were hired to do.

In my opinion Tennessee did nothing wrong, they make offers based off of film from past seasons. Several players will continue to get better and may be takes during their senior season but there's no way to know that.So they make an offer and continue to evaluate, also if the players you offered at a position chose another school then you may need to look at the next level, the players would suffer if only the top 20 at every position were offered by schools. I'm curious as to what you see wrong with the system and how you would fix it.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
either way, it makes no sense.

you don't withdraw offers because there's nothing binding...verval committment means nothing.....

it goes both ways.

and i still say some of the committments we took early on were to help get some kids the staff liked, some run since there werne't going to be camps this summer that they could get noticed. at least by taking that committment it gets recruiting services' attention, gets evaluated and other coaches take notice too.

and some offers are back up plans. it is what it is. and that goes both ways too. sometimes a kid commits for "security", but if/when they get the committable offer they want, they bolt....making the 1st committment the back up.

anyway. what you're suggesting would be recruiting suicide....

we offer somewhere around 400 kids a year.

lol. it's June and since we're at 23, we're supposed to pull 375 of the 377 remaing offers ???

oh to be the lucky two we've "chosen".............................
tenor.gif

No...and I’d add murder, pedophilia and animal cruelty off my short list. None of which equates to building a roster and maintaining a standard. You only offer your top 25 and start over when you get “no”s and you’re not doing the job you were hired to do.
And where did I suggest to offer only 25?

we offer somewhere around 400 kids a year.

lol. it's June and since we're at 23, we're supposed to pull 375 of the 377 remaing offers ???

oh to be the lucky two we've "chosen".............................
tenor.gif
Just keep turning into your own narrative, not anything I posted

VN Store

Back