'20 GA ATH Jimmy Calloway (UT SIGNEE)

Tough decision for Calloway. On one hand, you can go somewhere that's allergic to passing. On the other hand, Tennessee just put up 3 100 yard receivers in one night.
Have you seen uk's "6" wins??? Total crap. Toledo, EMU, arky, mizz (good win), Andy, & UT Martin. If they had uscE schedule, they would have 3 wins max. 5 of those teams are LITERALLY trash 🗑️

Have you seen uk's "6" wins??? Total crap. Toledo, EMU, arky, mizz (good win), Andy, & UT Martin. If they had uscE schedule, they would have 3 wins max. 5 of those teams are LITERALLY trash 🗑️
Did anyone hear SEC NOW after our game last night praising UK for getting bowl eligible with all of the players they lost and with their starting QB getting hurt early in the year? Lol!! Even said if not for Ed O, then Pruitt or Stoops would have to be considered to be coach of the year.

Did anyone hear SEC NOW after our game last night praising UK for getting bowl eligible with all of the players they lost and with their starting QB getting hurt early in the year? Lol!! Even said if not for Ed O, then Pruitt or Stoops would have to be considered to be coach of the year.

Reactions: MwB
I heard it and wondered who they had beat. The post above cleared that up. Nowhere near the coaching job of Pruitt and company.

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
I agree that their wins are trash and wish we could have their schedule but let’s not forget it took a goal line stand and a JG scramble to beat them. We have come a LONG way and our future seems very bright, however, let’s pump the breaks a little bit and realize the class of programs we are currently being grouped with. Teams that we have historically dominated. Teams that have a hard time selling out their stadiums on good years with 25,000 or more less capacity than ours (and we complain about only 90,000 showing up lol). I know we are all on a high right now with the streak that we are on but we still have a long ways to go. We are finally doing the things that we are supposed to (beating the likes of UK, USC, MIZZOU, etc.) but let’s not carried away with trashing the weak opposition that we have been squeaking bye the last couple of weeks.

I think Pruitt is the real deal as a teacher of the game and a recruiter. I think he might be the the best assistant to ever leave Saban for a HC job. Just not ready to crown him the best HC to ever leave Saban just yet. Beating the likes of Kentucky in a 60 minute game with a WR playing QB or Mizzou, SC or MSU for that matter are what we are supposed to do. These last few weeks are the first steps. Let’s step on Candy’s throat next week and beat a good team in a bowl, finish with another top 12 class, talk ourselves into an 10 or 11 win season in the offseason but then be proud of our team winning 9 games next year when it’s all said and done. That’s where we are right now. And that’s ok. We just aren’t to the point of being able to discredit the likes of UK, Vandy or Mizzou just yet unfortunately.

I agree that their wins are trash and wish we could have their schedule but let’s not forget it took a goal line stand and a JG scramble to beat them. We have come a LONG way and our future seems very bright, however, let’s pump the breaks a little bit and realize the class of programs we are currently being grouped with. Teams that we have historically dominated. Teams that have a hard time selling out their stadiums on good years with 25,000 or more less capacity than ours (and we complain about only 90,000 showing up lol). I know we are all on a high right now with the streak that we are on but we still have a long ways to go. We are finally doing the things that we are supposed to (beating the likes of UK, USC, MIZZOU, etc.) but let’s not carried away with trashing the weak opposition that we have been squeaking bye the last couple of weeks.

I think Pruitt is the real deal as a teacher of the game and a recruiter. I think he might be the the best assistant to ever leave Saban for a HC job. Just not ready to crown him the best HC to ever leave Saban just yet. Beating the likes of Kentucky in a 60 minute game with a WR playing QB or Mizzou, SC or MSU for that matter are what we are supposed to do. These last few weeks are the first steps. Let’s step on Candy’s throat next week and beat a good team in a bowl, finish with another top 12 class, talk ourselves into an 10 or 11 win season in the offseason but then be proud of our team winning 9 games next year when it’s all said and done. That’s where we are right now. And that’s ok. We just aren’t to the point of being able to discredit the likes of UK, Vandy or Mizzou just yet unfortunately.
What? He said it was the truth that if KY had SC's schedule they would not have the record they have which is the truth. Not sure that deserves a lecture on where the program is currently. Let people get excited. It's been a while.

He had a 1 word comment.

The player with the most mystery surrounding him from the Tennessee side of things is Jimmy Calloway. The Vol recruiting office did a great job of getting in and identifying him early as this has turned into a Tennessee and Kentucky battle. He will be in Lexington this weekend and Knoxville the following weekend. Tennessee will be by to see him later this week.
AP

Most of these effin schools don’t even evaluate recruits anymore. They just go around offering kids that Pruitt found. 🤬
Exactly what I said in another post. I frikin hate Auburn. We've been in contact with some of these kids for a over a year then Auburn just swoops in and steals them. Pisses me off.

According to the 5-feet-11, 170-pound 4-star player from Morrow High, Auburn secondary coach Marcus Woodsonstopped by his school and offered. What’s interesting is which position the Tigers want him to play.

“They said receiver,” Calloway said.

Calloway committed to the Vols back in April, but told Auburn Undercover on Monday night he will not sign in December. He will officially visit Kentucky this weekend and hopes to take more officials early next year. Calloway said Florida was another school that also could get a visit.
“I have an open commitment,” he said.

At Morrow, Calloway started at both quarterback and cornerback. In college, “I want to play offense,” he said.
Calloway never has visited Auburn, but he hopes that will change in the near future.
-Niebuhr (Auburn 247)

So, the secondary coach stops by and offers a scholarship to play receiver? Does this seem odd to anyone else?

VN Store

Back