'21 GA ATH Christian Charles (Tennessee signee)

Negavols - No way this guy helps us. We are totally screwed. Fahr everybody!

Well, you ain't wrong 😄

Hopefully, this kid is the real deal, but we need to be recruiting against, Georgia, Florida, and Bama. Not Army and Buffalo.

Close the talent Gap

Reactions: drvenner
He
Well, you ain't wrong 😄

Hopefully, this kid is the real deal, but we need to be recruiting against, Georgia, Florida, and Bama. Not Army and Buffalo.

Close the talent Gap
He does have an OU offer, along with a lot of other P5 schools. I dont know why people chose to look at his worst offers.

Well, you ain't wrong 😄

Close the talent Gap
We have plenty of commits who were recruited by them. We aren’t going to get 25 kids that they all wanted.

Well, you ain't wrong 😄

Close the talent Gap
We couldn’t beat Florida with Peyton Manning, yet Tee beat them.. if there where stars next to the names back then, I wonder who had more? They matter but not they’re by no means everything.

ok - then it sounds like this is the kind of recruit we need to compete with Bama and UGA...because, you know, Cam Sutton, Jordan Jefferson, and Josh Jacobs. I'm sure we will see results translated on to the field. Right?

I don't understand why we keep telling ourselves every low rated recruit is the next Cam Sutton, etc.. Even if he is, unless we hit 100% on every low rated recruit I don't see how anything changes.

Not knocking this kid at all by the way...I sincerely hope he forces crow down my throat.

LSUs starting offense last year

QB Joe Burrow - 4 star (rivals 3 star)
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 3 star
RB2 Tyrion Davis-Price - 4 star
WR Justin Jefferson - 2 star
WR Jamarr Chase - 4 star
WR Terrace Marshall - 5 star
TE Thaddeus Moss - 3 star
LT Saahdiiq Charles - 4 star
LG Adrian McGee - 3 star
C Lloyd Cushenberry - 3 star
RG Damien Lewis - 3 star
RT Austin Deculus - 4 star

I don’t think I need to remind you what this offense did last year

Talent is important but nowhere near as much as coaching

Well, you ain't wrong 😄

Close the talent Gap
You're not wrong either. I believe he will help us. We need to win more head to head battles with the big 3.

Reactions: vols 30
We couldn’t beat Florida with Peyton Manning, yet Tee beat them.. if there where stars next to the names back then, I wonder who had more? They matter but not they’re by no means everything.

More often than not, the stars are the best indicator. It is no mistake UGA, Bama, and OSU make it to the playoffs every year.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Long and Athletic with really good hips. He meets the eye test of he can play at the SEC Level. To me it is all about film and if kids on film have the Athletic skill to play at this level. Yes he will have to develop DB Skill but has the tools to do so. I approve of this message. " In CHRIST Alone"

WR Jamarr Chase - 4 star
LG Adrian McGee - 3 star
RG Damien Lewis - 3 star

Because it is possible doesn't mean it is likely. That was a generational team last year. Hope we can hit the slot machine jackpot like they did.

It is far more likely to win a NC with better players, or at the very least, make it to the playoffs.

Well, you ain't wrong 😄

Close the talent Gap

Typical recruit who doesn’t get noticed until late.

From April 23 - May 14 he picked up offers that included GT, VT, Oklahoma, UT. Seems like a kid we’re on early.

Typical recruit who doesn’t get noticed until late.

From April 23 - May 14 he picked up offers that included GT, VT, Oklahoma, UT. Seems like a kid we’re on early.
Thank. You. Another reason I trust coach evaluations

Reactions: volsfan_17
I definitely trust Pruitt's evaluations and there is nothing wrong with taking 3* players. But blue chip recruits on average make it to the NFL more often than 3* kids and we need those type of kids to compete at the top. People here name those 3* players that made it but what about the other thousand we don't hear about?

These are the rates by star ranking of kids who get drafted to the NFL (2016/17):
Five-star: 30 (62.3%)
Four-star: 311 (23.5%)
Three-star: 1,831 (6%)
Two-Star: 1,949 (1.6%)

6'1, long arms, 38in vertical. Really fast and quick. Pruitt & Ansley coaching him. I'm sorry but if you can't get excited about that recipe then you probably need to stop following recruiting closely.
but but, he’s not rated a 5 star!!!!

Blah blah blah blah star gazing blah blah go be a Bama UGhA fan

And I'm the one sounding more and more stupid? lol.

I want to beat Bama and UGA more than anything. I'm sick of seeing last weekend every f'n year. I'm just being honest about what it really takes, not relying on hope and aspirations. I hope this kid kills it along with everybody else on this team. The simple fact remains that our current recruiting is making us better for sure, but it just isn't closing the gap on the top teams.

WR Jamarr Chase - 4 star
LG Adrian McGee - 3 star
RG Damien Lewis - 3 star

See your point, but wouldn't necessarily use LSU as a comparison for that argument. Yes that team had some development, but they are the king of signing of lowly ranked kids who end up being the best athletes on the field at the college level.

Lots of that is due to the instate kids not having the means to travel to camps and market themselves like say a kid in metro Atlanta.

VN Store

Back