'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Honestly unless someone slips Kirby an Exlax smoothie next he sees the family, idk how we overcome UGA here. Tennessee has done as much as it can, family loves Kirby.
I'm glad I don't have that Kumbaya party playing over and over in my head like it is yours

From 247:

It’s obvious 247Sports No. 1 2020 athlete Arik Gilbert is special. In this tournament he was a stretch-the-field tight end, a force in the red zone and he also worked the middle of the field, while dwarfing just about everyone on the field standing in at 6-foot-5, 253-pounds. Several programs are still in the mix for Gilbert but two that seem to have the most buzz right now are Georgia and Tennessee. Gilbert has been selected to play in the All-American Bowl.

giphy.gif

Better than uga
If your QB is nationally elite... and you're his favorite target... and there's a wide open hole where he's going to college... he's actively in your ear for two years, the #1 recruiter in the nation coaches your position at that school, and there's a myriad of other teammates lined up to go as well... and you don't follow him/them there...

That's a loss in my book... wherever he does end up at is irrelevant... you can throw as many 5-stars as you want at Bailey, but it's super hard to replace 4 years of on-field chemistry that could turn in to 7-8

So maybe we aren't leading or whatever, but this one is at the tip-top of my wishlist for '20... this guy+Keyton+Bailey=instant offense

If your QB is nationally elite... and you're his favorite target... and there's a wide open hole where he's going to college... he's actively in your ear for two years, the #1 recruiter in the nation coaches your position at that school, and there's a myriad of other teammates lined up to go as well... and you don't follow him/them there...

That's a loss in my book... wherever he does end up at is irrelevant... you can throw as many 5-stars as you want at Bailey, but it's super hard to replace 4 years of on-field chemistry that could turn in to 7-8

So maybe we aren't leading or whatever, but this one is at the tip-top of my wishlist for '20... this guy+Keyton+Bailey=instant offense

I’m sure Gilbert knows all those things. Kirby has the ear of the family and sometimes that can be insurmountable. It will come down to if the coaches can win the family or if the family lets Gilbert make his own decision. Some do some don’t.

Just curious how has this offensive looked in high school? High powered, struggled? Seems like it would've been a juggernaut.

Just curious how has this offensive looked in high school? High powered, struggled? Seems like it would've been a juggernaut.
They're playing nationally ranked teams every other week with a sub-par-for-GA-7A o-line... They can certainly move the football
quickly, though the score doesn't necessarily reflect it every game. I'll say this... Keyton gets open with quick polished routes and Gilbert is almost unguardable (though Pappoe/Watson did a good job on him last year) at the high school level

Ramel Keyton's High School Football Stats
Arik Gilbert's High School Football Stats

I believe North Paulding was undefeated going into Marietta... so I made time to watch that one... Keyton got hurt early, I was sad about it and wasn't paying a lot of attention to it for a bit... I looked up a few times like "Who the hell is #2 on Marietta??? Sweet little 6lb, 11oz baby Jesus tell me the Vols have an offer in for him" on his way to 294 yards and 5 touchdowns. (That was Gilbert's stat line, not Bailey's) o_O

At the rate Georgia is going their gonna run outta players to arrest.Gotta be a bad look,as it would be with any university.Kirby failing the last two years etc coupled with losin Chaney and the chaos anything is possible u ask me.This year will be big for both programs but in different ways though.
Just curious, how did Kirby fail the last 2 years? He exceeded expectations in 2017 by going to the playoffs and national championship, then met expectations the following year losing to bama in the SECC. As of right now, he’s probably the biggest threat to bama in the SEC and has recruited at an elite level every year. I agree that every coach/team’s goal at the beginning of the year should be an undefeated season, but most rational people can see which teams exceed or fail to meet realistic expectations.

VN Store

Back