'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

I agree it’s about relationships. But these kids have good relationships with multiple staffs. And when your competition is telling the kid that relationship you have built with CJP and Neids is great, but they won’t be coaching at UT in 2020 or 2021, it’s very effective.

More than PT or relationships, kids want stability. And evidence of development. Need some players to be in the draft conversation before ESD.
I think it's effed up its legal to slander another coach under false pretenses. I get that it's part of the game, doesn't make it right tho imo.

I think it's effed up its legal to slander another coach under false pretenses. I get that it's part of the game, doesn't make it right tho imo.
Slander is making a false spoken statement that damages another's reputation. Saying that Pruitt is on the hot seat and may not be coach next year isn't false.

Reactions: Chattdawg
Slander is making a false spoken statement that damages another's reputation. Saying that Pruitt is on the hot seat and may not be coach next year isn't false.
Sure it is. It's called speculating. Oh, because bogus journalists putting out click-bait say he is? They are rumors. No one in the athletic dept is leaking information to the media. Rival coaches use the media and erratic fan reactions as fuel to sway recruits in their favor. No one really knows Pruitts fate but the ones upstairs. Speculations are not facts. Twisting them that way does damage his reputation in this case. Losing recruits will spiral out of control, UT and Pruitt will continue to be the laughing stock of cfb.

Sure it is. It's called speculating. Oh, because bogus journalists putting out click-bait say he is? They are rumors. No one in the athletic dept is leaking information to the media. Rival coaches use the media and erratic fan reactions as fuel to sway recruits in their favor. No one really knows Pruitts fate but the ones upstairs. Speculations are not facts. Twisting them that way does damage his reputation in this case. Losing recruits will spiral out of control, UT and Pruitt will continue to be the laughing stock of cfb.
Agree, which means Pruitt is in a no win situation and despite everyone's good intentions, hopes, and dreams we have no choice but to replace him if we want to rebuild and start winning.

Speculation isn’t slander. Maybe if someone said Pruitt was leaving for another job. Saying losing to GSU and BYU isn’t good for his long term job security would be correct. Everyone negative recruits everyone.

I think Harrison Bailey is the glue here. Everyone knows he is the one who will be the QB of the future. And he and Arik are best friends. If we can recruit Arik, and convince some others to jump on board, then this offense will take off soon.

Reactions: VolForLife83
I think Harrison Bailey is the glue here. Everyone knows he is the one who will be the QB of the future. And he and Arik are best friends. If we can recruit Arik, and convince some others to jump on board, then this offense will take off soon.
Agree. Need to hold onto him for dear life. Pruitt better pull a rabbit out of his hat quick. I think there's a silver lining here, but hard to see it with those losses. I'm all for being patient and ignoring the nay-sayers, but unfortunately for Pruitt, some of our fans can be ruthless. I don't envy the man that's for sure.

Going to be hard enough to hold onto currently committed players and even harder to convince those we want to give us a verbal what with the challenges our team has faced the past two weeks. Got to stay positive but I'm worried about all of the negative recruiting being used against us right now.

Believe I read a while back that Gilbert and Bailey being best friends was not true but just an assumption someone made. He is apparently much closer with BJO.

Agree, which means Pruitt is in a no win situation and despite everyone's good intentions, hopes, and dreams we have no choice but to replace him if we want to rebuild and start winning.
Are all 32,884 of your posts this dumb? That's a lot of dumb. I admire your persistence.

Ok, maybe slander wasn't the correct word. Closest word I could think of at the time. Fact of the matter is. No one knows if Pruitt is going to be fired. The situation is dire, and I just hope Pruitt figures out a way to hold onto this recruiting class.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Bailey is must get. A WR/TE hybrid not so much.

He would be great to get, and probably one of our best the moment he steps onto campus. but I wouldn't call a must get.
Dline and QB are must get right now. Gilbert is such a playmaker I would call him must get if we want to go to that next level. Like you said losing out on a WR isn’t going to kill us but Gilbert is the kind of player that gives you a lot.

Dline and QB are must get right now. Gilbert is such a playmaker I would call him must get if we want to go to that next level. Like you said losing out on a WR isn’t going to kill us but Gilbert is the kind of player that gives you a lot.
I think we need Bailey to make Gilbert a must. If we keep the same level of QB play I dont care how good the WR is.

Ok, maybe slander wasn't the correct word. Closest word I could think of at the time. Fact of the matter is. No one knows if Pruitt is going to be fired. The situation is dire, and I just hope Pruitt figures out a way to hold onto this recruiting class.

i dont think its dire, we have sucked for a long time. if we suck next year, its just more suck.

iow, we're already pulled over, we cant pull over any further.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back