Arik Gilbert

6'4" 215lbs., ATH, High School Freshman
Woodward Academy High School, Atlanta, GA
Class of 2020

247 Sports

Scout

Scout

Max Preps

UT has offered along with Bama, UNC, Georgia, & South Carolina to date. Plays TE for Woodward Academy High School but would be considered an ATH in recruiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vol Main
He is a ridiculous athlete. He played TE and DE this year. He split out wide as a WR a lot if the time.

I was reading the other day that he has a chance to be #1 overall by the time 2020 rolls around. Marietta currently has 4 of the top 100 for 2020. When you look at the top 100 ranking, Gilbert and BJ Ojulari are already showing as 5*s. There are at least 5 or 6 other players that will be in the top 247. Ramel Keyton is a 4* WR for next season.
I am hoping Harrison Bailey will consider us now that we are out of the offense we were in. He will be the #1 QB in 20.

He is a ridiculous athlete. He played TE and DE this year. He split out wide as a WR a lot if the time.

I was reading the other day that he has a chance to be #1 overall by the time 2020 rolls around. Marietta currently has 4 of the top 100 for 2020. When you look at the top 100 ranking, Gilbert and BJ Ojulari are already showing as 5*s. There are at least 5 or 6 other players that will be in the top 247. Ramel Keyton is a 4* WR for next season.
I am hoping Harrison Bailey will consider us now that we are out of the offense we were in. He will be the #1 QB in 20.

They’ll have around 10-14 of the top 250 and 5 of the top 100 for sure when school starts back.

They’ll have around 10-14 of the top 250 and 5 of the top 100 for sure when school starts back.

I figured there would be more kids coming in. There are so many top players in a 20 something mile radius and we are a city school with open enrollment. Couple that with the fact that everybody wants to play with Harrison Bailey and for Coach Morgan and it is going to be a Buford type powerhouse in 7a. My kids love it, they are on the Blur Devil youth teams and Coach Morgan treats all the teams as if they were part of the high school. They wear the same gear and have a players entrance next to the varsity locker room.

Jake Wray just moved here from TN and I know another kid just moved in from Woodward. I suspect there will be a lot more.

Last edited:

Bailey is legit!
Not sure if Marietta is playing but are you going to the Corky Kell next year? kids are excited to play at the Benz since the State Championship was snowed out..

Reactions: Vol4ever
I figured there would be more kids coming in. There are so many top players in a 20 something mile radius and we are a city school with open enrollment. Couple that with the fact that everybody wants to play with Harrison Bailey and for Coach Morgan and it is going to be a Buford type powerhouse in 7a. My kids love it, they are on the Blur Devil youth teams and Coach Morgan treats all the teams as if they were part of the high school. They wear the same gear and have a players entrance next to the varsity locker room.

Jake Wray just moved here from TN and I know another kid just moved in from Woodward. I suspect there will be a lot more.

You could recruit Gwinnett and Cobb counties alone and land great classes.

Bailey is legit!
Not sure if Marietta is playing but are you going to the Corky Kell next year? kids are excited to play at the Benz since the State Championship was snowed out..

Marietta is in it, but the games scheduled for Rome and are playing against Rome. It is on a Thursday so we will probably still go on Saturday to the games at the Dome.

Georgia is already in that school, signed Ojulari's brother this cycle. We need for Dell McGee to get out of Athens. Bailey was in love with UF, not sure how he will like being a battering ram for Mullen so he may be back on the market. But as long as McGee is in Athens Georgia will get most of who they want in state.

Marietta is in it, but the games scheduled for Rome and are playing against Rome. It is on a Thursday so we will probably still go on Saturday to the games at the Dome.

I will be at the dome, nephew has one of the early games against Brookwood. Going to be exciting to see who the new qb will be for North.

Georgia is already in that school, signed Ojulari's brother this cycle. We need for Dell McGee to get out of Athens. Bailey was in love with UF, not sure how he will like being a battering ram for Mullen so he may be back on the market. But as long as McGee is in Athens Georgia will get most of who they want in state.

Granted it was only 1 game but i didnt see anything special on defense. The offense on the other hamd looked dynamic throwing the ball

Here you go, State 7a trophy with my sister and Nephew and Head Coach Bill Stewarts son Jake.

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_081012_414(1).jpg
    IMG_20171216_081012_414(1).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 1 person
Granted it was only 1 game but i didnt see anything special on defense. The offense on the other hamd looked dynamic throwing the ball

The defense was up and down which was to be expected with the starters being pretty much all So's and FR. I think there was only 1 SR on defense. Rashad Torrance and Dawson Ellington are both SO DB's and have offers from pretty much everyone including Bama, the SO LB from Woodward that just transferred in looks good on film. It will help BJ Ojulari if he doesn't have to play both ways next year and I don't think he will have to.

How much is NG bringing back. I know Colquitt has almost everyone back.

Who is Dell McGee? Why does he have a lock on Georgia HS croots?

The defense was up and down which was to be expected with the starters being pretty much all So's and FR. I think there was only 1 SR on defense. Rashad Torrance and Dawson Ellington are both SO DB's and have offers from pretty much everyone including Bama, the SO LB from Woodward that just transferred in looks good on film. It will help BJ Ojulari if he doesn't have to play both ways next year and I don't think he will have to.

We lose both sr qbs, funny how they won with the kid with little offers and the Sr who got hurt signs with UNC. Losinv 2 linebackers will probably hurt the most imo, McDonald was the best linebacker in the state.I watched Papoe, Petterson, Ojulari...it wasnt close. He took over games the way Lawrence Taylor used to. Not playing his junior year hurt him as far as offers and i hear grades may be an issue.

We lose both sr qbs, funny how they won with the kid with little offers and the Sr who got hurt signs with UNC. Losinv 2 linebackers will probably hurt the most imo, McDonald was the best linebacker in the state.I watched Papoe, Petterson, Ojulari...it wasnt close. He took over games the way Lawrence Taylor used to. Not playing his junior year hurt him as far as offers and i hear grades may be an issue.

Former Carver Head Coach. Coached Crowell, Chris Hubbard, Gabe Wright and Jarvis Jones. Basically to the state of Georgia 🇬🇪 what Frank Wilson was to Louisiana. We need for him to find a lower level head coaching job and GTF out of Athens.

Top recruiter in the country according to 247, this cycle according to 247 he was lead recruiter for Fields, Salyer, Cox, White and Cook. We need him out of Athens.

They were young too. Remember they are 10th graders. I think they’ll win State next year. Miami commit Jermaine Burton the WR is back too from IMG. They will be flat out sick over the next two years at Marietta.

They were young too. Remember they are 10th graders. I think they’ll win State next year. Miami commit Jermaine Burton the WR is back too from IMG. They will be flat out sick over the next two years at Marietta.

Win State?? I would put money on Colquitt if Rush stays. They only had 16 srs on the team.

VN Store

Back