'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

not sure if it was in reference to either of these two, but DW announced his top 3 and we ain't in it....so? either way, if he can make it happen, i'm for it........

AG, my confidence is waaay low on him too, but i'll say we have slim outside chance because it does seem we have built a really good relationship with him, he has obvious connection to BJ, Ramel and Harrison, and we were the first to openly recruit him as a WR.........and it's painfully obvious we're going to have opporunities here to play basically right away.....

but he's an absolute stud, and here lately, the majority of those guys wind up at Bama, GA or Clemson/OSU......LSU........

and Bama and UGA are in it with him.....so i'd have to say we're at best 3rd in that group..........
Don't believe DW has announced a top 3 yet.

not sure if it was in reference to either of these two, but DW announced his top 3 and we ain't in it....so? either way, if he can make it happen, i'm for it........

AG, my confidence is waaay low on him too, but i'll say we have slim outside chance because it does seem we have built a really good relationship with him, he has obvious connection to BJ, Ramel and Harrison, and we were the first to openly recruit him as a WR.........and it's painfully obvious we're going to have opporunities here to play basically right away.....

but he's an absolute stud, and here lately, the majority of those guys wind up at Bama, GA or Clemson/OSU......LSU........

and Bama and UGA are in it with him.....so i'd have to say we're at best 3rd in that group..........
Worst case scenario is if Gilbert goes to Georgia. That would be an additional pull for BJ to go to Georgia.

DW did not announce his top 3. That was someone that who was projecting what he believes the final 3 will be

Reactions: jakez4ut
DW did not announce his top 3. That was someone that who was projecting what he believes the final 3 will be
DW HAS announced a top 3 and backtracked to include a couple other schools but his original 3 DID include U.T. Believe it was Miami, Tennessee, and Georgia???

Worst case scenario is if Gilbert goes to Georgia. That would be an additional pull for BJ to go to Georgia.
Would think his brother would be a bigger draw than Gilbert but don’t see BJ in the class unless Sewell goes to Oregon and they take BJ as BPA.

Would think his brother would be a bigger draw than Gilbert but don’t see BJ in the class unless Sewell goes to Oregon and they take BJ as BPA.
I think Georgia can offer at any point and get him. Yeah his brother is probably a bigger selling point but Gilbert being added in would help as well.

Reactions: secking
Hell. Half the fanbase is ready to chip in for a statue for a 1-4 coach who lost to GA State. I don't even wanna think about the group orgasm that scaring Bama might induce.
Idk anyone that’s ready to get the guy a statue but I think most believe it’s a little early to fire him. Especially since we really can’t. To make a legit run at a legit coach Tennessee needs to roll with Pruitt for bare minimum another year. To hire someone now and buyout the staff would be getting back in bed with Haslam and I’d rather roll with Pruitt than roll the dice on haslam not being a DA and making a good hire.

Idk anyone that’s ready to get the guy a statue but I think most believe it’s a little early to fire him. Especially since we really can’t. To make a legit run at a legit coach Tennessee needs to roll with Pruitt for bare minimum another year. To hire someone now and buyout the staff would be getting back in bed with Haslam and I’d rather roll with Pruitt than roll the dice on haslam not being a DA and making a good hire.
because Phil made such a good hire? I think they really wanted Frost and Mullen was Plan B. They got neither, let us believe we might get a Gruden-type, and very likely took who Sexton offered them. There was no way Phil could hire Leach, because that was Currie's deal and the only reason Phil got the job is he said he could deliver a coach and calm the waters. He interviewed two lackluster, perennial candidates who nobody wants and one lackluster candidate who nobody wants but hadn't been passed on enough to qualify as perennially lackluster so he went with that guy because, in this case, the less the fanbase knew about the hire the less likely there'd be another Voltwitter revolt. I think the money people were ready to go after top candidates but they did not count on having so much competition. Lot's of big programs were hiring. Next year, a lot of those same programs will be back in the market. It would probably be in the Vols' best interest not to be coach shopping during a seller's market. The BEST move we could make is to go ahead and cut bait right now and lock someone up who can shore up the 2020 class while building a little fan equity by notching some easy wins on the back end of the schedule.

because Phil made such a good hire? I think they really wanted Frost and Mullen was Plan B. They got neither, let us believe we might get a Gruden-type, and very likely took who Sexton offered them. There was no way Phil could hire Leach, because that was Currie's deal and the only reason Phil got the job is he said he could deliver a coach and calm the waters. He interviewed two lackluster, perennial candidates who nobody wants and one lackluster candidate who nobody wants but hadn't been passed on enough to qualify as perennially lackluster so he went with that guy because, in this case, the less the fanbase knew about the hire the less likely there'd be another Voltwitter revolt. I think the money people were ready to go after top candidates but they did not count on having so much competition. Lot's of big programs were hiring. Next year, a lot of those same programs will be back in the market. It would probably be in the Vols' best interest not to be coach shopping during a seller's market. The BEST move we could make is to go ahead and cut bait right now and lock someone up who can shore up the 2020 class while building a little fan equity by notching some easy wins on the back end of the schedule.
Womp womp

No.

I mean idk who Phil would’ve hired if the hiring hadn’t been so bumbled by Haslam’s puppet. Do you have any idea how much money it would cost to cut bait now? Any idea how much it makes us an even more unappealing job to coaches that have options? There’s zero way in hell we make a change this year unless there’s some sort of scandal.

Reactions: windrider
Lol

i love this. lol. that's awesome. never change vhb. lol. every ying needs a yang..........and you got the yang brother....in spades.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

who do you 'lock up" in the middle of the season? Put down your Uncle's shine.

Now thats interesting. Do we need to look up the list of unemployed coaches for the next guy.

VN Store

Back