Future schedule with SEC expansion

I don’t care what they do as long as we drop Bama as an annual game when the rest don’t have to play them every year.

I still say two 8-team divisions. Move Mizzou to the west and bring Alabama and Aubie to the East. Have a 9 conference team schedule with 3 FBS home and home OOC games (no more playing FCS teams). Play 2 rotating west opponents each year, 1 home and 1 away. This way every player who stays at least 4 years will have gotten to face every SEC team at least once.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckInAPen
I still say two 8-team divisions. Move Mizzou to the west and bring Alabama and Aubie to the East. Have a 10 conference team schedule with 2 FBS home and home OOC games (no more playing FCS teams). Play 2 rotating west opponents each year, 1 home and 1 away. This way every player who stays at least 4 years will have gotten to face every SEC team at least once.

I like this concept best, but wouldn't it make for nine conference games annually (seven in-division and two outside)?

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
I am ok playing one per year but three per year like we do is fan abuse.

I think if they play 9 or 10 SEC games and probably 2 teams playing 2 or 3 playoff games and almost all playing Bowl games. The toll on the players playing that many P5 games under time rules for practice and still doing school work and exams. This would make NCAA go back to 95 scholarships. Of course, if say SEC goes all P5 and 1 FCS and say ACC decides to stay with 3 FCS/G5 and 1 OOC P5. That gives that conference an advantage. Just a lot to consider besides satisfying fans and media $$$$ for big-time games every week.

Reactions: perico
Yep make the SEC schedules tougher and play 6 to 8 ranked teams while teams in the B10 play maybe 1 or 2 ranked teams. It would turn out like the year BYU won the national championship. I am not against tough competition but we can't make the SEC's so tough and then the committee vote in a 1 lost team that has only played 1 or 2 ranked team and leave out a 2 loss team that has played 6 or 8 ranked teams.

I think if they play 9 or 10 SEC games and probably 2 teams playing 2 or 3 playoff games and almost all playing Bowl games. The toll on the players playing that many P5 games under time rules for practice and still doing school work and exams. This would make NCAA go back to 95 scholarships. Of course, if say SEC goes all P5 and 1 FCS and say ACC decides to stay with 3 FCS/G5 and 1 OOC P5. That gives that conference an advantage. Just a lot to consider besides satisfying fans and media $$$$ for big-time games every week.
If you are concerned about player safety and time involved then go back to a 10 game schedule and stop playing these directional teams just to milk the fans’ money. More and more fans are finding better things to do as evidenced by dropping attendance. Stop abusing us.

Playing small schools and paying them keeps football healthy at all Non Power 5 levels. Too many would fold without the cash they get paid.
Agree. Big payouts help the lower level schools sustain their programs but also think it can be both. I personally like the E/W set up where Bama/Aub come over. I like everyone slugging it out.

We are always going to have at least 2 OOC cupcakes on the schedule. Adding more SEC games will hit our matchups against P5 teams more so because athletic departments are trying to protect their teams. You always love a good OOC matchup, but ADs won’t go for it when you throw in an extra game against an SEC opponent.

The 3 cupcakes are out of necessity for holding guys out to get healthy to try new guys to see if they can play. This becomes more important when you play a 8 game stretch without a week off.

VN Store

Back