Future OOC Opponents

sport3500

Davidson
North Carolina State
Syracuse (so Gaines can play in front of the home fans)
Clemson (To keep the South Carolina recruiting pipeline open)

What future opponents would the board like to see?

Texas.......because.......you know
Michigan ST or Michigan
Belmont
Stanford or Oregon
At Hawaii.....so the kids can go to Hawaii

Reactions: sport3500
First of all, I think we should play Memphis every year and an opponent from N Carolina or Virginia.. UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, UVA, VT.

I like some of the recent OOC games we've scheduled. Cincy, Xavier, UNC and WVU.

I'd like to play Maryland. Good program and a good opportunity to do some recruiting in that area. It's not that far from Knoxville. Also, we should get a series w Texas. After that... Indiana, Villanova, Louisville

Last edited:
A lot of folks are saying Indiana but not Purdue. The Boilers are a much better program these days than IU.

I want to see us play more of an international exhibition track of games.

Love the focus on international players, we should make UT an international household name!

Louisville v Tennessee games are always entertaining.

Texas has provided even, entertaining matchups.

I have enjoyed our games against the Zags, too.

Memphis every year, and I like the current H-A-N format with a game in Nashville every third season.

Miami, FSU, Arizona, UCLA are teams we don't play often that would add some intrigue due to unfamiliarity.

And I like playing a blueblood besides UK every year like we have been, so UNC, Kansas, Villanova, etc. Duke will never agree to a H&H, so I say screw them.

*Maryland Terps(always liked that program and would like to gauge UT against their program right now)
*Notre Dame (tired of seeing their women beat our women’s ars)
*And Baylor(can’t stand the slime green machine)

Are Coach K and CRB friends and I think Duke would probably do a home and home with UT if Barnes asked Coach K.

First of all, I think we should play Memphis every year and an opponent from N Carolina or Virginia.. UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, UVA, VT.

I like some of the recent OOC games we've scheduled. Cincy, Xavier, UNC and WVU.

I'd like to play Maryland. Good program and a good opportunity to do some recruiting in that area. It's not that far from Knoxville. Also, we should get a series w Texas. After that... Indiana, Villanova, Louisville
Texas would be good. D.C. Area would be good.

Wonder what their last home and home was with a school whose arena is on campus

VN Store

Back