Future of the Johnny Majors Classic

That is a good one,

Of course a few others that I wouldn't mind seeing come back are UCLA, Notre Dame, and Syracuse (they are Orange).

Syracuse would be cool for the simple fact that I love upstate NY. Would want to do that one early in the season though. I have no great desire to go to Syracuse in mid-November.

Just not sure if upstate NY produces enough big time recruits to make it feasible though.

Disagree. Look at Georgie last year. Barely beat top ranked Clemson in game 1 then ran the table. Should they have just played North Dakota State instead?

Either way they make the playoffs, but would they have made it if they lost to Bama and Clemson? Probably not, while beating NDS would not hurt their chances in any way.

I never understood why in 2012 we kept the game against Oregon and dropped North Carolina. We should have dumped Oregon. That was just an embarrassing serious for us.

I don't want us to play teams like Oregon, Ohio State, etc. Play UNC, Pitt, Va Tech, Syracuse, Notre Dame, and UCLA. They are more our level right now. OU was a fun series too but we are about to see them regularly once they move to the SEC. I want to play Texas, that is going to be a fun matchup (battle of the UTs).

I miss playing Georgia Tech all the time. I don't know that I'll live long enough to see us play Pitt again but it was good to get a win against them. I want to beat Nebraska and USC before I die! Nebraska hopefully we get it done in a few years.

Syracuse would be cool for the simple fact that I love upstate NY. Would want to do that one early in the season though. I have no great desire to go to Syracuse in mid-November.

Just not sure if upstate NY produces enough big time recruits to make it feasible though.

We play Syracuse in a few years but in Atlanta.

I hate this mentality. Gimme the best, at their best. Why u scared?
Because we already play one of the toughest schedules in America Just with our league games. We are pretty much guaranteed to play two of the top 4 teams in the country each and every season and Florida is more likely than not a top 10 team every time we play them. I can’t think of another team in America that has that type gauntlet to run with no reprieve

As things move toward the SEC and B1G..... and those other conferences..... from a TV revenue standpoint, we (and more importantly, those who pay the bills) will do better to schedule Maryland or Kansas for UT as a home-home "new rival."

The future money is in hyping the SEC vs B1G as much as possible and letting the other teams either get in super-conferences or see their TV exposure and relevance fade.

With NIL and the massive TV revenue, it's best if we proceed as a business and make good business decisions. Looking at college football as your Dad's college football isn't the future.

It's business now. The "student athlete" model is now the "professional athlete aligned with a school" model and the TV revenue for the SEC and B1G makes scheduling Bowling Green silly and will soon make Pitt silly also.

Play worthy opponents for massive TV viewership, not cupcakes or meaningless games. It's NFL-lite.

VN Store

Back