Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

Have you not seen Fury Road? I'm just about the biggest fan of this franchise, and Furiosa was a much better character than Max. She's earned her own story, and there is no way this movie won't be good.

i saw fury road, it didn't cut it for me.

i saw fury road, it didn't cut it for me.

Objectively, it's one of the greatest movies of all-time, but OK. It held sweeping critical acclaim, was largely beloved by audiences, and it won tons of awards (including several Oscars), not to mention it's proven to have staying power.

And Furiosa was sneakily the star of that movie while Max was actually a supporting character. They already won in every way using a chick.

If you didn't like that movie then there is no chance you like any Mad Max movie. I mean, what are we talking about here? Why do you even care if you don't like the movies?

Objectively, it's one of the greatest movies of all-time, but OK. It held sweeping critical acclaim, was largely beloved by audiences, and it won tons of awards (including several Oscars), not to mention it's proven to have staying power.

And Furiosa was sneakily the star of that movie while Max was actually a supporting character. They already won in every way using a chick.

If you didn't like that movie then there is no chance you like any Mad Max movie. I mean, what are we talking about here? Why do you even care if you don't like the movies?

1701458456247.png

eh, it's mid. no where near the originals.

They're all good, but by every objective measure, Fury Road is the best. Better critic and audience scores. More awards. And it's also more accessible to a younger audience than the first 2, while maintaining all the grit and doom of the world Miller built. They also put more time, $, and energy into this movie than the other 3 combined. It's the first blockbuster (probably first of any kind) movie made without a script (they used storyboards). They took film-making to a whole new level, and it shows.

I'd figure an old-timer would have this kind of attitude, but you're saying "mid" so I'm thrown way off, LOL.

I grew up on the other 3 movies. I was obsessed. Fury Road legitimized a franchise that was basically just a cult classic, before.

Reactions: Pennheel
I thought some of the chase cinematography in FR was fantastic. And for some reason this guy got a full LOL from me.

Have to admit I'm not sure how well a Furiosa prequal will work. I guess we'll have to see how good a back story they can craft.

I love that the mere presence of a female lead has these alpha males so bothered.

It's a fictional world, people. Gas is the most precious commodity, but all everybody does is drive in huge caravans of gas guzzlers. Max defies million to one odds and always survives. It's OK to make a female character with a huge mechanical arm into a tough girl boss.

Mad Max has been doing the girl boss thing since Thunderdome.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I love that the mere presence of a female lead has these alpha males so bothered.

It's a fictional world, people. Gas is the most precious commodity, but all everybody does is drive in huge caravans of gas guzzlers. Max defies million to one odds and always survives. It's OK to make a female character with a huge mechanical arm into a tough girl boss.

Mad Max has been doing the girl boss thing since Thunderdome.
You know they're just poking at South Park and Disney right? How Disney put the lead as female in pretty much everything and South Park made a hilarious episode. Now it's just beating a dead horse but w/e.

I am unsure why you are so enamored by an action movie though. It was ok. I wasnt blown away by anything other than the over the top car chase scenes. I don't even remember the chick in the plot very well so yeah, couldn't have been that good.

You know they're just poking at South Park and Disney right? How Disney put the lead as female in pretty much everything and South Park made a hilarious episode. Now it's just beating a dead horse but w/e.

I am unsure why you are so enamored by an action movie though. It was ok. I wasnt blown away by anything other than the over the top car chase scenes. I don't even remember the chick in the plot very well so yeah, couldn't have been that good.

80% of the movie was car chase scenes, lol.

It won 6 Oscars and was nominated for 10, mostly for technical achievements. I'm a film nerd. Of course I'm enamored.

BTW, the South Park guys....huge Mad Max fans.

Last edited:
If you don't think Fury Road is a masterpiece you are either Stevie Wonder or Forrest Gump.

I liked Fury Road better the second time I saw it and thought it was really good.

The Godfather was a masterpiece. The Godfather 2 was a masterpiece. Shawshank Redemption was close to that of a masterpiece. Fury Road was far from a masterpiece.

~Forrest Wonder

VN Store

Back