Fulton Falcons

Uh when did Fulton ever dominate AE in the 90's? You need to go back in hibernation sir. And you are correct AE has won the last two (2016 and 2017) hahaha Lets GOooo!

When they won like 5 state championships in like 15 years. One minute before halftime:

Falcons 20
A-E 0

Uh when did Fulton ever dominate AE in the 90's? You need to go back in hibernation sir. And you are correct AE has won the last two (2016 and 2017) hahaha Lets GOooo!

But, when I was at Fulton from '85-'89, A-E owned us in everything but baseball, until my senior year. 1-3 in football including a 49-0 beatdown my freshman year. I think Leroy Thompson had like 300 yards rushing. We finally beat them my senior year, at A-E. Tony Flanagan ran wild and Ivan Roper put on a show at QB

Well, apparently A-E came storming back in the 2nd half, just to come up a TD short.

Falcons 20
Roadrunners 14

But, when I was at Fulton from '85-'89, A-E owned us in everything but baseball, until my senior year. 1-3 in football including a 49-0 beatdown my freshman year. I think Leroy Thompson had like 300 yards rushing. We finally beat them my senior year, at A-E. Tony Flanagan ran wild and Ivan Roper put on a show at QB

Yeah i remember how fast and electric A-E was in the late 80s. Leroy was like Eric Dickerson scoring everytime he touched the ball. Im from Maryville and grew up watching Willie Lundy and Billy Williams blaze up and down the field.

Yeah i remember how fast and electric A-E was in the late 80s. Leroy was like Eric Dickerson scoring everytime he touched the ball. Im from Maryville and grew up watching Willie Lundy and Billy Williams blaze up and down the field.

Billy Williams was the man at Alcoa. I believe he went to JC then transferred to UT. Did OK at UT but was never the superstar at UT, I thought he would be.

Maryville 41
Fulton 12

Maryville is always a bad match-up for Fulton. Hell, Maryville is a bad match-up for almost everybody

Reactions: 2 people
Its because Maryville kids been playing together since peewee league. They play for each other.

Yeah, but the Baby Falcons program is on ofe the best in the city of Knoxville. So most of Fulton's kids have been playing together for years, too. I think the biggest difference is Maryville is 6A and Fulton is 4A, plus I think Maryville still has the better coach even without GQ.

Yeah, but the Baby Falcons program is on ofe the best in the city of Knoxville. So most of Fulton's kids have been playing together for years, too. I think the biggest difference is Maryville is 6A and Fulton is 4A, plus I think Maryville still has the better coach even without GQ.

True, the baby falcons are very competitive in most age groups.:hi:

Attachments

• 20170927_225011.jpg
    20170927_225011.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 9

That system that Quarles installed is very tough to beat and Maryville does have some great athletes. Not as many as Fulton, but Maryville gets their fair share. It will interesting to see if Maryville can continue to sustain success without Quarles. I predict it will drop off a little, though not as much as some people might think.

That system that Quarles installed is very tough to beat and Maryville does have some great athletes. Not as many as Fulton, but Maryville gets their fair share. It will interesting to see if Maryville can continue to sustain success without Quarles. I predict it will drop off a little, though not as much as some people might think.

Yes, I agree, some drop-off, simply because GQ was the best coach in probably the whole state (maybe Rankin at Alcoa and formerly Murfreesboro Oakland). Still, Maryville will end up making state championships, 1 out of every 3 years, whether or not they win the whole thing, may be the biggest difference without GQ, imo

TN-POSSUM, I went to school with a James "Possum" D. at Fulton, a very talented QB that left Fulton after his freshman year, is that u?

No, that's not me. I've used the POSSUM nick name for probably 25-30 years for different reasons, but nobody has ever called me "Possum".

Fulton 41
Knox West 14

Fulton is 8-1 going into their final regular season game against Oak Ridge, with the only loss to Maryville. Gotta believe the Falcons are going to make a run at another state championship

Oak Ridge 21
Fulton 12

Falcons end up 8-2, with losees to powerhouse, higher classification schools, OR and Maryville. Fulton should make another run towards a state championship

Oak Ridge 21
Fulton 12

Falcons end up 8-2, with losees to powerhouse, higher classification schools, OR and Maryville. Fulton should make another run towards a state championship

I was there. Oak Ridge is very good. Their QB played very well even though he threw two picks. That defense is legit. Fulton is actually in the same region as Oak Ridge, so they finished second behind them. It will be a tough row to hoe to win the State with Oak Ridge and Catholic to beat.

VN Store

Back