Fulmers competence

Can Phil make the right hire

• Total voters
Steele coached Baylor when they were nothing more than an intramural team. It’s a wonder he got any wins with them at the time. You can’t compare apples to rotten oranges

Reactions: 2 people
Schiano has a better HC resume than Steele and it’s not even close

But the fact we’re even having this discussion is truly pathetic

Except everbody at Tampa hated Schiano. Front office, players, fans, reporters....

At Rutgers the pro scouts trying to make appointments with potential draftees "dreaded" how hard he was to work with.

So Schiano just needs to be out of the frame and no comparisons made to him. Jeez dude Tampa players said being under him was "like living in Cuba". We DID NOT want that shizz here.

Reactions: 1 person
Currie had Leach in the bag. He had at least one good one on the hook. I don't know if Fulmer has even interviewed a good one yet.

Reactions: 14 people
That's basically Greg Schiano minus the child rape allegations.

Fulmer can't get a free pass for hiring a friend.

Tee Martin should be the floor for who we hire. Kevin Steele is unacceptable when compared to someone like Tee Martin who is younger, more exciting, has higher potential, and recruits at a higher level.

Kevin Steele had his chance. He FAILED. Give us someone young and with potential to be great like Tee.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can't get over a 4 year record of 1-31 in a weak Conference - My pet dog could Win one game in 4 years - Seriously any team could win that many games without any head coach - Do you really believe any Tennessee coach would get a 4th year if he went 0-8 in his first three years as coach in the SEC... I just can't believe anyone could be that bad - This really worries me about Steele- If he loses to Vanderbilt & Kentucky 3 Straight years there will be Riots in Neyland Stadium .. Hire another option as Coach & hire Steele as Coordinator

While I don’t totally disagree with all that d4h said I know that his comments come with a racist tone. Always makes threads for certain color players, coaches as positive and negative ones towards white players and coaches. Therefore I don’t agree with him.

That's basically Greg Schiano minus the child rape allegations.

Fulmer can't get a free pass for hiring a friend.

Tee Martin should be the floor for who we hire. Kevin Steele is unacceptable when compared to someone like Tee Martin who is younger, more exciting, has higher potential, and recruits at a higher level.

Kevin Steele had his chance. He FAILED. Give us someone young and with potential to be great like Tee.

Damn, Beverly Davenport missed the boat by not hiring an Einstein like you.

Reactions: 2 people
Fulmer has a much more difficult hire after the mess Currie made the first time around.

Let's cut Phil some slack until he can fix this.

Reactions: 4 people
D4H, I can’t believe I’m saying this. I agree with you. It would be totally unacceptable to hire Kevin Steele or Mel Tucker. We have had 2 really good coaches in leach and Brohm that would come here and we hire one of these Jack legs? I can’t understand what the hell these uppers are doing

Depends on who you want

Names associated that Currie at least tried to hire even if the rumors are true that someone was going behind his back after he talked to the coaches and was telling them reasons not to come:

Peterson
Patterson
Schiano
Brohm
Gruden?
Leach
Morris

Fulmer
Didn’t he say he wanted a sitting P5 HC
Only two HC he has talked to is Morris and Miles

It appears Fulmer wants a puppet where he can mingle
True? Don’t know but it looks that way from the public eye