Fulmer talking to Miles

It would be so Tennessee to hire Les or Steele. He should be the last resort. Call Brohm, Morris, Leach, Satterfield, Pruitt, first. If the go with Miles, it proves one thing. I am hoping Fulmer can realize hiring Les, and the eventual result would not be in his or Tennessee's self interest.

OK, so Tee's that far behind Leaf?

I take your point, but 11 just seems very low, so I'm definitely wondering.

Wherever Tee ends up, it'll be interesting to watch an offense that he designs, and what success it has. I'm very curious about this subject.

Let's hope that if we get Miles, that will help with a lot of recruits. Martinez included, since he's now taking a Missouri visit.

Just look at the USC offense. Clay Helton has stated Tee develops the game plan for them and implements it. The only questions that have come up with Tee and the USC offense have been "passing" 3rd down play calls, and this was back in 2016.

d048baef983c119e338b5e2896b64917.jpg

Yes. I understand everyone?s concern. This record makes me sick. Horrible.

Not saying I agree with them, but naysayers would say he shouldve been more dominant with all that "Rolls Royce" talent he had while he was there with all those in-state players and wouldn't have that luxury at Tennessee.

Les Miles is almost as old as Fulmer. Probably doesn't even know what Twitter is. Where does that leave him with today's generation of high school recruits? Think about it.

Les Miles is almost as old as Fulmer. Probably doesn't even know what Twitter is. Where does that leave him with today's generation of high school recruits? Think about it.

If Tee Martin is part of a Miles hire, there will be no need to worry about recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for posting for everyone to see. Post Fulmer's record beside it and we can put these great minds together. No thanks.

and then post Kiffin's, Dooley's, and Butch's combined beside it. I think we would all jump on board with this as quickly as possible once seeing that.

Reactions: 1 person
OK, so Tee's that far behind Leaf?

I take your point, but 11 just seems very low, so I'm definitely wondering.

Wherever Tee ends up, it'll be interesting to watch an offense that he designs, and what success it has. I'm very curious about this subject.

The Wonderlick isn’t a valid intelligence test. I guess I should have simply posted that. Any device that grades noted idiot Leaf that much higher than Dan Marino (who scored 15) and Johnny Manziel 4 points higher than Peyton Manning needs some major updating. Since it was designed by the Navy in the 30’s.

I think they are done with the courting of every single D1 coach. They will focus in on those that have shown interest that there is a mutual interest in. The first good info coming out of the AD will likely mean whomever that person is will be the man.

That being said...I'll take Les all day, especially if we can get Martin in here and a solid DC.Martin would finally means some continuity for years to come. Stability is the most important thing to this program now. The combo of Miles and Martin could definitely bring that long term stability.

For those complaining about age, time away, and recruiting...all I can say is he is a proven coach. Saban is just as old and Patterson is not that much younger. Twitter doesn't matter so long as you have good recruiters under you (see Tee Martin's resume) and I can think of several coaches who were away for a year and returned to success.

Tired of the naysayers already and I just came back to the forum.

Reactions: 2 people
Winners win. Losers lose. Dude has won a lot of games.

I hope there are some legs to the Malzahn to Arkansas talk. I think that could be our opening to get Steele as DC.

I think they are done with the courting of every single D1 coach. They will focus in on those that have shown interest that there is a mutual interest in. The first good info coming out of the AD will likely mean whomever that person is will be the man.

That being said...I'll take Les all day, especially if we can get Martin in here and a solid DC.Martin would finally means some continuity for years to come. Stability is the most important thing to this program now. The combo of Miles and Martin could definitely bring that long term stability.

For those complaining about age, time away, and recruiting...all I can say is he is a proven coach. Saban is just as old and Patterson is not that much younger. Twitter doesn't matter so long as you have good recruiters under you (see Tee Martin's resume) and I can think of several coaches who were away for a year and returned to success.

Solid post and spot on.

Correct me if I am wrong but if Miles were to be hired wouldn’t he be the only coach in the East with a win against Saban.

Players absolutely love Miles from what I can tell. Fulmer was always a players coach too, for that matter.

If Tee Martin is part of a Miles hire, there will be no need to worry about recruiting.

9 out of his 12 years at lsu their rivals classes were in the top 10. If tee decides to stay in cali, we'll still be good at recruiting talent. He might just need someone similar to tee to help him evaluate quarterbacks.

Last edited:
Again...people...let's speculate but don't make judgements. Is it likely that Miles is being considered, yes. Is it likely he would turn it down, doubtful but maybe.

Let's just discuss the merits of a coach and move on. None of us, I think, have any hard info as to whether he is or is not taking the job.

If Fulmer brings Miles as the HC, Martin as OC, Steele as DC, that's about as solid as this program can expect. Look at what's been happening of late. Consider how UT is seen nationally. Consider we still have the same dysfunction with the BOT and aunt Edna is still on the job. UT is behind numerous other SEC programs in terms of stability and desirability right now. I'd peg us in the 6-8 range in the conference ....and that's being generous. Historically, we are an 8 win per year-ish program. I think that staff could keep us there, keep us stable and maybe pull an occasional 9-10 win season. The next hire would be when we can aim higher. Right now I don't see anything much better knocking at our door....and by that I mean a stable fit considering our new AD. No, I don't consider Kiffin or Leach as being viable right now. Folks need to accept that we can't pick and choose anymore....not that we ever could or did. We are beggars right now. We are damaged. We are viewed as toxic, impatient, expectant, volatile and unstable. Nope. No home run hires this time around. Swallow hard and except our reality for 2017.

Reactions: 3 people
Too many reports last week of Miles wanting the job, to not consider this seriously.

And I don't see Fulmer going after Leach or Kiffin, which could be divisive, after he emphasized uniting the fan base.

Just look at the USC offense. Clay Helton has stated Tee develops the game plan for them and implements it. The only questions that have come up with Tee and the USC offense have been "passing" 3rd down play calls, and this was back in 2016.

Thanks. I'd love to see Tee do well.

The Wonderlick isn’t a valid intelligence test. I guess I should have simply posted that. Any device that grades noted idiot Leaf that much higher than Dan Marino (who scored 15) and Johnny Manziel 4 points higher than Peyton Manning needs some major updating. Since it was designed by the Navy in the 30’s.

Thanks. Sounds like it's worthless.

VN Store

Back