Fulmer says Tennessee is planning on a full stadium in 2020 -Adjustments may be made-

I dont think you will see a full stadium for several reasons.

1. Economics. A lot of people hurting financially due to covid.
2. The virus itself. Many people will still be choosing to isolate.
3. You will lose some amount if sports gets more political.

All that adds up to not a full stadium.

I think that is foolish. I hope we will see fans in the stands, but if he isn't financially planning for a MUCH lower attendance, he is a fool. I assume he is planning accordingly, and this is just window dressing for the fans.

This virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Assuming you can pull 102,455 into Neyland, it would be irresponsible to do so, especially given how close we all are at Neyland.

Not trying to be divisive or political, just stating the facts as I see them.

Yea I just don’t see people actually showing up. Their personal safety, finances, traveling etc will hold a lot of this back regardless if Neyland is allowed the 102K capacity. You’ve seen it with restaurants and trumps rally... people are staying in even after businesses are being deemed “open”.

Fulmer just pleasing the fan base with that statement.

I'd be surprised if limits aren't in place. Maybe 1/5th capacity to maintain recommended distance. Although, I feel like no fans is more likely.

Agreed, to an extent. I believe that fans will be permitted to attend Neyland Stadium but, from my understanding, there are a maximum of 96,500 seats for "sale." If the powers that be determine that capacity is to be capped at anything below 40% (38,600 sold seats), I can't imagine there being anyone allowed in the stadium at all. Simply put, the revenue generated from 20% or 25% capacity wouldn't be worth the hassle of upsetting tons of season ticket holders (and single-game visitors) who can no longer attend as well as those who are allowed in but now have to sit 80 rows away from the seats they've held for 30 years.

Agreed, to an extent. I believe that fans will be permitted to attend Neyland Stadium but, from my understanding, there are a maximum of 96,500 seats for "sale." If the powers that be determine that capacity is to be capped at anything below 40% (38,600 sold seats), I can't imagine there being anyone allowed in the stadium at all. Simply put, the revenue generated from 20% or 25% capacity wouldn't be worth the hassle of upsetting tons of season ticket holders (and single-game visitors) who can no longer attend as well as those who are allowed in but now have to sit 80 rows away from the seats they've held for 30 years.
And you have to wonder if capping attendance below 40%, would pay for the overhead of opening the stadium. And to your comment of season ticket holders sitting outside their area, how do they handle that seeing how donations fluctuate from one area to another. My guess with season ticket holders, they would be given a choice, you have to move..this would be your seat, or, you can have a credit toward next year keeping your seat. JMO

I'm not a season ticket holder, but it would be nice if UT could get the season ticket holders in the stadium. If you could group them together by family seated side by side, maybe you could get to 65k with adequate spacing. But that might be aggressive.

Reactions: HalfullVol
And you have to wonder if capping attendance below 40%, would pay for the overhead of opening the stadium. And to your comment of season ticket holders sitting outside their area, how do they handle that seeing how donations fluctuate from one area to another. My guess with season ticket holders, they would be given a choice, you have to move..this would be your seat, or, you can have a credit toward next year keeping your seat. JMO

There will have to be a factor of seniority for season tix holders or those who have had their tix for decades are going to be pissed.

Hmmm, our boy Phil is sounding a lot like our Commander in Chief.

No more testing!!

This is just pr marketing. Stadium capacity has always been a bigger deal at Tennessee than at other places with a smaller house to play in.

I usually go to 2-3 games a year. I will only attend maybe 1 game this year. It has nothing to do with economics for me.

I’ll be at the game Covid or no Covid restrictions!!!

People choosing to isolate will have no impact on the stadium being full. Do you know how many dads would take their sons to games if regulars decide to sit the season out. Maybe it would cause a deep discount on tickets because availability is higher.... but I know tons of people that have never been that would jump on the opportunity.

Aside from that there are people like me that aren’t afraid of COVID that can have a lot more friends along if others decide to stay home

People choosing to isolate will have no impact on the stadium being full. Do you know how many dads would take their sons to games if regulars decide to sit the season out. Maybe it would cause a deep discount on tickets because availability is higher.... but I know tons of people that have never been that would jump on the opportunity.

Aside from that there are people like me that aren’t afraid of COVID that can have a lot more friends along if others decide to stay home

Is Dollywood hitting capacity?

Reactions: Kungfuman2000

VN Store

Back