Fulmer Responds to Geno

I disagree. As long as the school is willing to accept you, you should be able to transfer. Don't be naive thinking that these schools care about the student aspect of these kids. It's ridiculous they are punished because of the word "athlete". Most transfers are kids with good athletic talent trying to pursue a professional career in athletics. That is their degree. Transferring regularly would put them at a huge disadvantage of completing that pursuit. If they never get an educational degree, that is self punishment and not punishment from a group of people who have never met the said transfer. They should not be subject to the corrupt NCAA rules which are mostly in place for maximum profit.

What you advocate is a form of professionalism. To me what you are saying is that college ball is a "minor league" for the sole purpose of making it to the "bigs".
So from you viewpoint, the/a/any school needs to just do away with the "schooling aspect" of sports and hire the players. If you were to do this, these kids would be under a contract of some sort that would bind them some way for some period of time to their "job site". Yes this might be the way to do it! It would sure do away with sudden unanticipated transferring!

UT did nothing to hinder her transfer. Geno is mad because NCAA rules made her sit out a year. He appealed it and was turned down.
In the transfer UT approved the transfer. On the appeal to play, UT had the option to check one of 3 boxes. 1) Allow her to play 2) Not allow her to play 3) Neither. UT checked the neither box. Geno feels like if UT had checked box 1, the waiver would go through. The Uconn AD called HCPF and asked him to change to the allow to play box. UT said, "We have moved on." Geno's rip at HCPF is that if he really cared for the kids he would have checked the allow to play box and by refusing to change it demonstrated ill will towards either Evina or UConn. He says they have had many transfers out and always supported the kid's right to play and ever administrator should. The kid should not be punished because they think they will be happier somewhere else..

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
He holds a grudge against Tennessee and he makes remarks because UT won't talk to him about their decisions but ultimately, I agree with the point he makes and most of you do as well. Transfers should be allowed to transfer no matter what IMO, if they don't like the situation they are in they should leave and be allowed to. They shouldn't be punished for wanting to better their situation.

I would humbly disagree. Player should have parameters that would allow a transfer, not just cause they want to.

In the transfer UT approved the transfer. On the appeal to play, UT had the option to check one of 3 boxes. 1) Allow her to play 2) Not allow her to play 3) Neither. UT checked the neither box. Geno feels like if UT had checked box 1, the waiver would go through. The Uconn AD called HCPF and asked him to change to the allow to play box. UT said, "We have moved on." Geno's rip at HCPF is that if he really cared for the kids he would have checked the allow to play box and by refusing to change it demonstrated ill will towards either Evina or UConn. He says they have had many transfers out and always supported the kid's right to play and ever administrator should. The kid should not be punished because they think they will be happier somewhere else..
I'm happy that driftwood locker room cancer is no longer at Tennessee

Maybe Fulmer was remembering how Auriemma had spoken of him and Tennessee just a week earlier when he chose to take a neutral stand in Round 2 by checking “neither.” I suppose Fulmer must have felt that Tennessee had already done the right thing to begin with, and so when an impartial committee didn’t award the waiver and Auriemma chose to then belittle Tennessee, that didn’t sit well with the VFL.

Bottom line is that Auriemma should have kept his stupid mouth shut after the initial denial, then submitted the appeal. A big part of me thinks that if it all had gone down THAT way instead of Fulmer being made to feel like he was being bullied by a clown, then he may very well have checked “let her play” on that appeal.

We’ll never know.

Geno "I'm- an-enema" is a classless clown. Pat Summitt knew some awful things about him. That's why she stopped me series with UConn. Thanks Coach Fulmer, for being the AD needed at Tennessee.

Summit stopped the UConn series because of what Geno told a mother of a recruit in Georgia about Summit in order to gain favor on the recruit...all totally false. Summit was going through a divorce at the time. That complete and total story needs to be published.

Geno should take notes on how to be a class act in the media!

That’s not an answer. Geno has said UT is working against then player. We know there’re were major problems under Holly. The rules allow transfer eligibility if there is a coaching change. There was.
You can’t bitch about Uris (is high he did) and then avoid the other. It’s hypocrisy.

Reactions: Winston Smith
That’s not an answer. Geno has said UT is working against then player. We know there’re were major problems under Holly. The rules allow transfer eligibility if there is a coaching change. There was.
You can’t bitch about Uris (is high he did) and then avoid the other. It’s hypocrisy.
The same way you cant preach for a staffing change then say you will stay with the new staff then leave and state there was major issues with the program as the reason you left even though you decided to give it a shot after the change then state on social media "'''Sorry not sorry, as if it were a joke to her then expect help from those same people. How does the saying go ? Dont bite the hand that feeds you #Bark

But there is no There They're

I disagree. As long as the school is willing to accept you, you should be able to transfer. Don't be naive thinking that these schools care about the student aspect of these kids. It's ridiculous they are punished because of the word "athlete". Most transfers are kids with good athletic talent trying to pursue a professional career in athletics. That is their degree. Transferring regularly would put them at a huge disadvantage of completing that pursuit. If they never get an educational degree, that is self punishment and not punishment from a group of people who have never met the said transfer. They should not be subject to the corrupt NCAA rules which are mostly in place for maximum profit.
Then why sign a letter of INTENT and COMMIT? BE a person of your word and quit trying to take the easy way out when things get difficult.

Actually, the rules don't "allow" that. The NCAA has approved several waivers where there has been a coaching change and that is done more frequently when you are dealing with a freshman where the head coach who recruited them is fired before the season. But there is no automatic provision allowing transfer when a coaching change occurs. And your premise that the Tennesssee AD is being hypocritical in addressing, with concern, the denial of a waiver for Plavsic and not taking a position on Westbrook is misplaced. First, it is not Tennessee's problem whether or not Westbrook gets a waiver. Second, what you are essentially doing is saying that Tennessee should roll over and say that environment or conditions at UT were detrimental to the health or safety of the student-athlete. In my opinion, that is basically bull. Your statement that there were "major problems under Holly" addresses the perceived (and mostly accurate) fact that Holly simply wasn't a good head coach. Even acknowledging that doesn't mean that the "safety and/or well-being of the student-athlete" was in any jeopardy. Hence, even if supported, wouldn't warrant a waiver. My personal belief, based on comments on social media by the family is that Ms. Westbrook and her mother got really butt-hurt over the negative comments made about Westbrook, her talent, and effort. And, frankly I agree that a number of Tennessee fans went beyond overboard in their criticism, both on this board and others. Being sensitive to fan criticism doesn't warrant a waiver, however.

Fulmer's response, "We have moved on." is appropriate and is what our fans should do, in my opinion.

Jim

Last edited:
I don’t know her, haven’t read her mother’s comments, and I doubt that many, or any of us will ever know what, or if anything untoward took place at U. T. For my part, it’s difficult to consider how or why anyone associated with The University would want anything but the best for the #2 rated player in the entire country.
Miss Westbrook is an attractive lady, and a very talented basketball player, and I wish her well. The fact that she must wait a year to play will probably be a blessing to her, long term. Resting her knee is likely to her benefit, and if this down time is time well-spent - as I fully believe it will be - a lot of bad habits, and finishing touches can be sorted.
The little coach obviously hasn’t considered that angle. Nope. He needs to win. And now! And, while doing so, oh, how much sweeter could it get, than to have our former star help with his desired pummeling?
I fully expect, and welcome contrary opinions. This is certainly not about me, but rather, out of respect for The Great One - about the good that she brought to this game, and to humanity. This is because I remember the egregious way in which he conducted himself, about the disdain he harbors for anything Lady Vols; for the nauseating things he said about not, just Patricia Sue and the Team in general, but that he directed his anger toward our individual team members.
Again, the best to the Westbrook’s, but personally, I don’t see how anyone could hold their nose that long.
Cheers!

VN Store

Back