Fulmer, Pruitt, Majors, Propst understand marathon rebuild

Oh right. Because you obviously know more than the entire staff of 247 (where the top 15 roster comes from). Right and again...even if they missed on virtually every single prospect ranking...we’d still have more talent than ga state. Yet they took us to the woodshed at home.
Don't bother with logic and common sense with the pumpers. They'll say anything at this point to excuse the incompetent performance of their hero.

Yes...we dont have the roster to beat bama or uga. But stop acting like it’ll take years to be decent again. We lost to fing ga state and BYU. At home. A good middle school coach manages the game and emotions of his players (better than Pruitt did) and easily wins those games. Why are some unwilling to criticize how inept Pruitt has been this year and rather continue to exaggerate how little talent we have to work with. We still have one of the top 15 overall rosters in college football
Top 15 rosters ??? Holy smoke if you are really this ignorant please stop posting

Sheesh

Reactions: CTM
Top 15 rosters ??? Holy smoke if you are really this ignorant please stop posting

Sheesh

So with the kids that left a week ago we’ve dropped in the composite ranking from 13th to 16th. Still trying to find ga state and BYU on this list. And I know you won’t reply because I made a legitimate post with a link to back it up. I know he pumpers want to say Pruitt has absolutely no talent to work with and it’ll take 6+ years to build a team that could beat the juggernauts that are ga state and BYU. Bla bla. Lol

2019 College Football Team Talent Composite

Imo the first thing he needs to learn is evaluating qb talent. Way off on this position. All good teams have a good qb. And he deosn't seem to be able to evaluate talent especially at qb. And also he is having trouble picking out the best 5 ol. I understand he is changing the starting lineup again this week. At some point you have to be able to see who your best 5 ol are. I mean we are almost midway of the season and you still don't know who the best 5 are??

Reactions: Big Al Orange

Sheesh

Well I tend to agree with him, We do have a top 15 roster. Terrible qb, but rest I would say top 15, look at the recruiting rankings of players recruited and tell me we don't have top 15, they are just not playing up to their potential.

Reactions: chattavol420
Yes...we dont have the roster to beat bama or uga. But stop acting like it’ll take years to be decent again. We lost to fing ga state and BYU. At home. A good middle school coach manages the game and emotions of his players (better than Pruitt did) and easily wins those games. Why are some unwilling to criticize how inept Pruitt has been this year and rather continue to exaggerate how little talent we have to work with. We still have one of the top 15 overall rosters in college football

Last checked, UT doesn't have the roster to beat Georgia state and BYU.

Tired of the JG bashing. He was good enough to beat AU and KY last year and almost carry a worse roster into the postseason with a significantly harder schedule. The coaches are asking too much of JG this season and that's on them. The OL and backfield are better this year. The staff could've come out and run more or less the same thing we did last season and we'd be at least 3-1 right now. JG's college career to this point consisted of running for his life and trying not to turn the ball over. You cannot expect someone to transition from that to working through series of complex progressions in one off season. JG has been misused this season and it shows in his stats and the record.

Tired of the JG bashing. He was good enough to beat AU and KY last year and almost carry a worse roster into the postseason with a significantly harder schedule. The coaches are asking too much of JG this season and that's on them. The OL and backfield are better this year. The staff could've come out and run more or less the same thing we did last season and we'd be at least 3-1 right now. JG's college career to this point consisted of running for his life and trying not to turn the ball over. You cannot expect someone to transition from that to working through series of complex progressions in one off season. JG has been misused this season and it shows in his stats and the record.
No knock on the kid....his ceiling is just not very high. Playing musical OC’s has worked to lower that even further. I’m not sure he’s a D1 QB, but his choice to come to Tennessee is probably looking like a mistake in retrospect.

I don’t blame him....it’s the coaches job to put him in the position to succeed if they decide he’s the guy. All of his coaches have failed him thus far.

That's just not true. There's enough there to where we should be beating BYU and demolishing GSU, but that's just not a true statement.

I do agree we should be 3-1 right now. We took Ga St. for granted and we made some costly errors against BYU. We are not good enough to get away with that for now. If you truly think ANY coach can win all their games with small, slow. weak players you know nothing about football. . Football is a BIG GUY'S sport. You are limited by the number recruits you can acquire in one season. Almost having enough of the right type of players is only slightly better than not having enough. I understand you can't or don't want to wait but you really don't have a choice. Take a Valium and relax.

Mack Brown just took NC and lost to Clemson 21-20 with Larry Fedoras talent.
I don't bye this long rebuild marathon garbage.
UNC wasn't even in the top 25 in recruiting when Larry Fedoras was there.

Wake me when I here a familiar name that knows how to recruit, coach, and scheme.

Should have easily won Georgia State game...agree.

BYU is a whole lot better than Georgia State. We still should have won...agree. But not outside my preseason expectations to lose to them.

This x1000.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times here. "Lack of talent" explains why we can't beat Georgia, Alabama, and perhaps Florida. It doesn't explain why we've lost 5 of the last 7 to Vandy or can't beat Missouri or South Carolina consistently. And it sure as hell doesn't explain a loss to Georgia St.

Reactions: troyntn71
No knock on the kid....his ceiling is just not very high. Playing musical OC’s has worked to lower that even further. I’m not sure he’s a D1 QB, but his choice to come to Tennessee is probably looking like a mistake in retrospect.

I don’t blame him....it’s the coaches job to put him in the position to succeed if they decide he’s the guy. All of his coaches have failed him thus far.
Based on the guy's offer list, I highly doubt that. There probably is a solid P5 QB in there somewhere, I just don't know if you get it out of him at this point. The guy's offer list was about as impressive as it gets. It isn't like Butch and Tennessee was the only major program that thought he could play.

I think his struggles are a combo of being overrated out of HS, then coming here into a musical chairs of OCs as you said, always playing on a losing team, and just having his confidence shot. His problems playing the position are 100% between the ears. He looked great at the camps and always practices well - he just can't take it to the field.

Relax Francis.

I far more trust the judgement of coaches and evaluations of people with hands on experiences than someone who may have played a sport in middle or high school and watches highlight tapes. If those people( 24/7, for example) are in their business to make money by turning out hearsay information and may be date gather by them on players who pay to come to their camps. That is one reason why college coaches want to have hands on evaluations of players. If I was a coach, I would not trust my further on some else’s evaluations.

Last edited:
Or...just hire the right guy for the job the first time and avoid the marathon altogether.

We actually prefer to hire the slowest runner, throw away the first 6 miles then run an extra 6 before getting rid of the runner long after the race is finished.
It’s a marathon regardless. Idk that we have the right guy but we’re bad in every sense of the word. Pruitt has made a ton of mistakes in coaching but hell with the right talent at QB we could very well be sitting undefeated heading into the Georgia game.

It’s a marathon regardless. Idk that we have the right guy but we’re bad in every sense of the word. Pruitt has made a ton of mistakes in coaching but hell with the right talent at QB we could very well be sitting undefeated heading into the Georgia game.
Or, and I know this is a radical idea, with the right coach we could develop the talent here and become somewhat competitive until we can upgrade the talent.

Seems that model works at places like Colorado with much worse talent on the shelf.

VN Store

Back