Fulmer on state and future of NCAA and more

Fulmer's view on NIL and the future of Tennessee athletics:

"I mean, people are just gonna have to work like heck to get better, look at the tape, and find ways to win. It won't work if players fail to develop, and people need to be patient and let the system work."

"and, uh, well I hate to say this, but can I have another paycheck? I'm running low on other people's cash...."

OIP (14).jpg

Fulmer's right about the uncertainties and issues going forward. The courts disrupted a longstanding relationship between education, both state and private, and athletics. They've created a system of professional sports where the athletes are recruited and paid by third parties who have nothing to do with the high schools and universities or their athletic programs.

There's no example I'm aware of a stable, functioning sports league that works like this, and this one won't work for long either. It'll change to something else and leave a lot of damage and rich lawyers in its wake. The continued destruction of amateur athletics will have a deleterious impact on education and society, IMO.

Fulmer's right about the uncertainties and issues going forward. The courts disrupted a longstanding relationship between education, both state and private, and athletics. They've created a system of professional sports where the athletes are recruited and paid by third parties who have nothing to do with the HS and universities or their athletic programs.

There's no example I'm aware of a stable, functioning sports league that works like this, and this one won't work for long either. It'll change to something else and leave a lot of damage and rich lawyers in its wake. The continued destruction of amateur athletics will have a deleterious impact on education and society, IMO.

The $$$ recruiting machine that is the entire business community of Alabama says "hi"!

"I will say this about the NIL, this is as far as I’m gonna go with it, so don’t be picking at me with other questions or whatever. It’s leveled the playing field from that standpoint of schools that may not have been involved with things anyway. It’s made it better for some and probably leveled the playing field.” And that's a shot against the Gumps. They hate Fulmer, but a 5-11 record will do that.

Fulmer's right about the uncertainties and issues going forward. The courts disrupted a longstanding relationship between education, both state and private, and athletics. They've created a system of professional sports where the athletes are recruited and paid by third parties who have nothing to do with the high schools and universities or their athletic programs.

And agents (which are often lawyers)

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Paid twice to go away and he still want go away. LOL

We have paid the price for the rocket scientist that fired him and whose best shot was Kiffin. I had no problem with his job being in play, but don't see a path to the desolation we experienced between his tenures if intelligently replaced with a plan other than the THIS IS TENNESSEE that was used.

No question his hiring of Pruitt was in the Kiffin class as well. But he had a week to get it done, not the situation his boss operated within. But the bell cow is the bell cow and he knew that too. I bet he and his bosses did not like his chances of finding a worthy replacement as the guy that hired Pruitt without the smoke being cleared. But his wins and his NC are still intact along with his Pruitt and OC hire warts. Gotta take the bad with the good, the net is what it is. Love the early returns with his replacement, bet CPF does too. His best chance to avoid being responsible for a Hamilton length plague.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Keep in mind this is the same guy who didn’t want to get rid of Pruitt until he was forced too.

He’s already done enough damage.

Reactions: tnutater
We have paid the price for the rocket scientist that fired him and whose best shot was Kiffin. I had no problem with his job being in play, but don't see a path to the desolation we experienced between his tenures if intelligently replaced with a plan other than the THIS IS TENNESSEE that was used.

No question his hiring of Pruitt was in the Kiffin class as well. But he had a week to get it done, not the situation his boss operated within. But the bell cow is the bell cow and he knew that too. I bet he and his bosses did not like his chances of finding a worthy replacement as the guy that hired Pruitt without the smoke being cleared. But his wins and his NC are still intact along with his Pruitt and OC hire warts. Gotta take the bad with the good, the net is what it is. Love the early returns with his replacement, bet CPF does too. His best chance to avoid being responsible for a Hamilton length plague.

He hand picked the rocket scientist…..🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You win the prize with using “deleterious” in a valid sentence!

Fulmer isn’t fit to wash Vitello’s socks-let alone talk about his program. It was and still is always about Phil and frankly he underachieved with the talent he had.

I don’t think he underperformed. But he did massive damage to this program when he took over as AD. That’s unforgivable to me.

VN Store

Back