Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fulmer is a good football coach overall. that being said, if you watch the rest of the conference OBJECTIVELY, he is clearly the 6th or 7th best coach in the SEC.jmho of course

cpf is a helluva good guy, we've heard countless stories, often times however, good guys dont make the best coaches. see: saban, tuberville, spurrier, parcells....off the top of my head.

compassion is more fitting for a child than ccompetitiveness

I think it's better for them to understand that compassion and competition each have their place. If you can't figure out when to exercise each, then you're setting yourself up for failure. In sports, compassion is rarely useful.

I really hope you don't have kids or never do.
We hope the same for you. The last thing America needs is more sniveling "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game" losers sitting around, watching Dr. Phil and talking about their "feelings."

So what installing a killer competitive streak in a kid is bad these days?
Yes. Children should now be taught that winning is bad, America is evil, and we should all aspire to be a bunch of whining simpletons ruled by the words and deeds of Oprah Winfrey.

The boards have been hot today with details of Fulmer's contract extension and pay raise. After pages worth of debate, the census seems to be that Fulmer doesn't deserve such increases. Many think Phil's lucky to even have a job.

So being the Fulmer supporter that I am, I am interested in who you think should be the coach of your Tennessee Vols. I want us to break from complaining about how bad it is, and come up with a realistic list of solutions.

So for the sake of the thread, lets pretend Fulmer held a press conference after the SEC championship loss to LSU(2007) that he would be retiring after the bowl game.

Who would you hope to be the next coach of UT?
Rules:
Which of the available coaches would we want, and which coaches at other schools could we realistically lure away? Or would we give Cut a shot? You decide.

the simple fact is that if he was fired today you can't get a better total coach for the program than Phil. Wins an average of 10 games a year, almost won more games than the General, great recruiter, great community member and great emphasizer of academics.

If you want Phil gone now, youre not very educated.

the simple fact is that if he was fired today you can't get a better total coach for the program than Phil. Wins an average of 10 games a year, almost won more games than the General, great recruiter, great community member and great emphasizer of academics.

If you want Phil gone now, youre not very educated.
I assume all of the Volunteer fans and supporters that long for an SEC title are a bunch of dumbasses.... Also, "almost won" doesn't win friends or influence people.

By the time he leaves UT, he will be the overall wins leader at UT.

No one is going to come in and win you a SEC title thats on the market right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back